Aloha From Hawaii

Vesta

Aloha from Hawaii! I am struggling to become a digital scrapbooker. I purchased My Digital Studio from Stampin Up because I have never learned Photoshop Elements after buying it twice. I purchased some digital kits from Scrap Girls and cannot figure out how to use them in MDS. I feel like a total dunce at this point. Hopefully I can get some help from a friend here who also has the MDS software so that I can use it soon. I would love to scrapbook for my grandchildren in South Africa. I go there for three months each year. I thought digitial scrapbooking would require less space and fewer supplies. I hope to join in when I figure out how to make a page. Great to meet all of you!

Welcome to ScrapGirls!!! We are so glad you are here.

I'm with Valerie...sorry! I don't know anything about that program. I do know Photoshop Elements was SO frustrating for me to learn...until I got these videos: Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version They are worth EVERY penny...I regret not buying them sooner!!

Good luck! I'm sure someone will be along that can answer your question! Don't hesitate to post questions! That is what we are here for!

Hi, welcome to Scrap Girls! Ditto what Conda and Tiza said. The videos Conda mentioned helped to save my sanity, and we have lots of friendly and very helpful people here so don't hesitate to ask questions. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the program you mentioned; maybe someone who is familiar with it will be along soon. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

Aloha!

I just began digital scrapbooking in March 2012. I purchased Ro's videos: Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version and More Secrets Revealed. They were VERY VERY helpful to me with digital scrapbooking. Afterall, I wanted to get started NOW--I created my first page that night and hadn't yet finished all of the videos! LOL Hope this helps!

Suggestion: if you can find a high school or college that offers a Photoshop Beginner class (some are $15 for 6 wks or so), you will master the tricky learning curve. The two programs, PS and PSE, are very similar. I remember the concepts of layers and masking were tricky. But, I think you will find that Ro's videos clear up the confusion and offer some great ideas!

And, the girls at ScrapGirls have been soooo helpful and friendly. When I need help to obtain a certain "look" on a page or don't know the use for certain tools, I simply asked, and like this message board (MB), I get several suggestions.

Good luck!

1099834hix95m99ef.gif

You have come to the right place to learn and I do suggest that if you still have PSE on your computer.... learn to use it as it is a wonderful software for scrapbooking. When I first joined here way back in 2008 I did not know much at all but so many members here helped and also the videos mentioned by others are definitely worth using to learn from.

If you do start using the PSE, do not be hesitant to ask any questions.

Aloha, you live in a beautiful place. My husband and I had a once in a lifetime trip there that we will always remember. Welcome to Scrap Girls, you will love it here. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that software either but I'll jump on the bandwagon to recommend learning PSE. There are lots of helpful people here and the videos are helpful. I started out with PSE and then moved up to Photoshop. There is a learning curve, but it is well worth it. You will find that you can do amazing things. :waving-hi:

Welcome Vesta! You've already experienced some of the great opportunities Scrap Girls offers. Friendly people and advice when you need it.

I'm going to agree with the others, keep at Photoshop Elements it is really well worth the effort. I started out with Paint Shop Pro which is also a good program but moved to PSE when I got a free copy with some other hardware I bought. I used Ro's instructions when I started out and I was soon able to produce some nice layouts. The other advantage of using a software that other members use is that help is really just a message away.

I hope you get as much pleasure out of being a "Scrap Girl" as I have!

Reading the info on the web page (looks like an interesting software), it should be possible to import Scrapgirls stuff. Do you have to put your items in a special directory for the software to find it?

Welcome to Scrapgirls, but the way. I hope you figure it out so we can see your grandkids.

Welcome Vesta. I'm sure you will love ScrapGirls as much as we do. I've not heard of the program you mention but maybe someone else has. Have you signed up for the News letter and downloaded the free kit etc. All beautiful. Ask any questions, as there is always someone around to help. Kay

Hi there Vesta. Welcome to Scrap Girls. I live in Cape Town South Africa. Where is your family? I would love to hear from you. Maybe we can get together next time you come to SA. As for PSE I did not know a thing about digi scrapping until I used Ro's videos. I can highly recomend them. Also, start with Easy and Quick pages. They are ready made layouts. You just slide the photos in. Looking forward to seeing some layouts soon and hearing more from you.

Hi Vesta so nice to meet you! I am not familiar with the Stampin UP software either sorry, I am a PSE girl. Maybe if you get the secrets video it will help a bunch, I know it did for me, helped to make things "click" !!! Good luck let us know if you have specific PSE questions.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us!

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked. Having said that, I (like many others) started digiscrapping with proprietary software, got frustrated with its limitations, but was afraid to jump into PSE until I got video tutorials. That was back with PSE2, and I've never looked back!

Archived