mimes1

Layer Row Height

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone -

Quite by accident I was clicking around on something, and my layer palette rows doubled in size. At first I didn't like it, but after playing around a little bit, I liked being able to clearly see what layer I was working on. Then, I had to reset my workspace, and the layers magically went back to small height. Now I have no idea how I made the rows big in the first place. I looked through the help menu and did a small internet search - but I am not finding it. It sounds like I ought to be able to go back and forth between row heights depending on my needs. Does anyone out there know how to do this quickly and easily?

Thanks so much!

What program are you using?

In CS6, the Panel Options for the layer panel allows you to change the size of the thumbnail, which makes the pallet rows taller. Is that what you are looking for? There is a tiny icon, a downward arrow head followed by four horizontal lines, at the upper right of the layers pallet. Click it, choose "Panel Options", and then select the thumbnail size. (I'll attach a screen shot of the the button.)

post-23540-0-43741300-1347205216_thumb.jpg

That's it!!! Thanks Kelvin!! Now I can quickly and easily switch things around depending on what I need to see. I love that I'm always learning new things about photoshop.

BTW, for PSE users this feature is also available. I'm not sure about all versions, but I know PSE 9 has it. :)

PSE 10 has it too.

Thank you -----thank you----- thank you....I love that!!!!!!

Wow! How neat - I didn't even know I HAD panel options!!! Thank you, Amy & Kevin!