Stitching Actions Vs. Styles

I want to add stitching to my pages, both on the background and to various shapes. Will use mostly the straight stitch. I use PSE 10 and want to know what to buy:

1) Actions

2) Styles

3) Typepaths

All three!

Help! I'm confused! Thanks FYH!

There are many ways to do it but here is my favorite, and its none of the above. Its a Dynamic Brush and you just move it along and it lays the stitches down. If you hold down the shift key it will make a straight line. If you like it a little more hand stitched looking, let it flow with your hand.

Dynamic Brush Set Straight Stitch

If you put "stitches" in the search on the boutique it will show you many more dynamic brushes to use as well as some png files that you can just lay on your layout.

Good luck.

No matter how you lay down your stitches, you can enhance them with the Styles. They give them texture and shadow.

Yes, I want to enhance with styles. To a beginner I'll start with straight stitching, can you suggest a style or two? Appreciate your help.

EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

This is a stitch style I particularly like:

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Stitch 1801

I use it with Dynamic Brush Set: Stitching 6401 and Dynamic Brush Set: Decorative Stitching 4901 Biggie and I get great results. HTH

Definitely helps! Now maybe I can branch out from here! LOL Thx!

Glad we could help! :)

Archived