I Want To Make A Shirt

Jenna

I have been looking for a screen printing option to make a shirt for myself that has my business name & an image on it. Most of the screen printing places here require 12 or more shirts ordered as a minimum, great if I had a whole crew needing shirts, not so great if all I really want right now is one!

I am thinking perhaps I will create my own but I wanted to check & make sure I would be within the current TOU for PU if I used a template. I wanted to use either some polaroid type frames or the curled film strip - leaning more toward the film strip. It is not a shirt I plan to market for sale, & I certainly don't intend to "mass produce" it. I just wanted a simple t-shirt that I could wear on a shoot or just around. I would not be printing anything distasteful in the template - just a few of my favorite images from recent shoots & my business name.

Thanks!

Hi Jenna. Don't know about TOU but check out Cafe Press online for printing. If you sign up they have frequent sales. I've ordered a few different products from them. Some were my own design some I picked from their enormous choices. I was pleased with all and once when wasn't they immediately and cheerfully redid the item.

Good luck! :)

I have been looking for a screen printing option to make a shirt for myself that has my business name & an image on it. Most of the screen printing places here require 12 or more shirts ordered as a minimum, great if I had a whole crew needing shirts, not so great if all I really want right now is one!

I am thinking perhaps I will create my own but I wanted to check & make sure I would be within the current TOU for PU if I used a template. I wanted to use either some polaroid type frames or the curled film strip - leaning more toward the film strip. It is not a shirt I plan to market for sale, & I certainly don't intend to "mass produce" it. I just wanted a simple t-shirt that I could wear on a shoot or just around. I would not be printing anything distasteful in the template - just a few of my favorite images from recent shoots & my business name.

Thanks!

I think the use you are describing still falls under a commercial use license. I know the shirt is just for you to wear; however, the design on the shirt would be advertising your business - a commercial endeavor. If it didn't have your business name and used the frames with your photos, it would fall under personal use. Does that make sense?

Jenna, once you've worked out what items you can use under the TOU, check out Zazzle (google it) - they will make 1 - a zillion t-shirts and their prices aren't bad at all. I've ordered several t-shirts from them - one at a time for different people.

Ok, thanks for the printing suggestions & for answering my question. I can't see re-purchasing the template for just one shirt so I guess I will be using whatever I am able to do on my own or what templates the printing company I end up using may have. Bummer.

Jenna, if you are envisioning this being a really successful business, and you want to use the image as part of your brand, then getting the commercial license would be an investment in your future. Maybe your cash flow won't allow it right now, but don't let that stop your thinking big!

Ok, thanks for the printing suggestions & for answering my question. I can't see re-purchasing the template for just one shirt so I guess I will be using whatever I am able to do on my own or what templates the printing company I end up using may have. Bummer.

Jenna,

You should send an email to Angie and explain your situation to her. She is great about helping out whenever she can. Maybe since you already purchased the regular template, she could work something out so you can just pay to upgrade to the commerical template. Now I can't say that she can definitely do this but it's worth sending a quick email.

Archived