Puzzling Problem With Safari Downloads

jhbren

Hi, Mac users! Recently I've experienced difficulty in downloading PDF files from Safari. I'm using OS X - 10.5.8 - haven't upgraded for awhile. The Safari version is 5.0.6. When I tried to download the US Zip code scribble map (used in Debikins LO Portland, using the link on the page, all I got was a black screen. There was a strange little icon/symbol in front of the http, sort of like a wine glass on its side. This has happened before. I am still able to click on the image and save to my download files. I suspect I need an upgrade, but I'm not sure to what - Safari? operating system? something else? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jo. I'm not home now and typing on a small iPod screen and using wifi. I am a MAC / Safari user and I liked that map too so when I get home I will try to download it on my laptop and let you know what happens.

I hope that helps or that someone else comes along before that!

Jo, I'm a Mac user and am using OS X 10.8.1 (12B19) and I haven't had any issues downloading - is it the little hourglass icon that you are seeing?

Oh, and my Safari version is 6.0. I would suspect an upgrade is in order.

I bet you could recreate that map yourself...

BMU_SSEMB_ContinentalUSA_MKTG_150.jpgScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Continental US Super Biggie

TCS_SSStyles_ColoredPencils5702_MKTG150.jpgScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Colored Pencil 5702 Biggie

TCS_SSStyles_ColoredPencils5701_MKTG150.jpgScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Colored Pencil 5701 Biggie

(just adjust the style scale settings on each state to make them more/less colored in)

:going-crazy:

Fabulous idea!!

Hi, Mac users! Recently I've experienced difficulty in downloading PDF files from Safari. I'm using OS X - 10.5.8 - haven't upgraded for awhile. The Safari version is 5.0.6. When I tried to download the US Zip code scribble map (used in Debikins LO Portland, using the link on the page, all I got was a black screen. There was a strange little icon/symbol in front of the http, sort of like a wine glass on its side. This has happened before. I am still able to click on the image and save to my download files. I suspect I need an upgrade, but I'm not sure to what - Safari? operating system? something else? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Jo, did you decide to upgrade your system or figure out what the problem was? I wish I could help more but I am thinking that you do need to upgrade your Safari and your your system folder. I get notifications that upgrades are available for my Mac automatically and I always just do them pretty much automatically too - do you get notifications about upgrades?

Archived