Newbie Needs Help!

southernsal

I downloaded the 8 1/2 x 11 template and by trial and error got all the photos in the right places and everything looked good UNTIL I got to the elements layer. I changed the color of the small embellishments on the layer to match the background paper (It took me awhile to figure out that!) but when I tried to to put my title in the space "big title" I couldn't do a thing in the layer to change the text. I am absolutely clueless in how to put my title in the space on the one elements layer.I want to keep the small little emblishments that's on this layer. Deleting the layer deletes not only the title but those cute little embllishments. Can anyone explain to me how to do this! btw I have PSE 5

tia

Sally

First, welcome to Scrap Girls! We're happy to have you here.

The title layer in your template is probably not a text layer. When a layer is an editable text layer, it will show a "T" as its thumbnail image in the layers panel. To add your own title, you can just select the text tool (the "T" in your tool panel) click and start typing. You can change the font and size and position of your text to fit the title spot.

The title and embellishments are most likely on the same layer. They don't expect you to use those as embellishments. They are just suggested spots to add similar ones on your page.

If you need to use those, you can use the eraser to take the words off the layer, then add in your own title.

Hope that helps.

First, welcome to Scrap Girls! We're happy to have you here.

The title layer in your template is probably not a text layer. When a layer is an editable text layer, it will show a "T" as its thumbnail image in the layers panel. To add your own title, you can just select the text tool (the "T" in your tool panel) click and start typing. You can change the font and size and position of your text to fit the title spot.

The title and embellishments are most likely on the same layer. They don't expect you to use those as embellishments. They are just suggested spots to add similar ones on your page.

If you need to use those, you can use the eraser to take the words off the layer, then add in your own title.

Hope that helps.

Thank You!!! Your explanation makes sense and explains why I couldn't do anything. I'll just erase the title and just put my own in its place.

Now, more importamtly, I'll know for the next time what to do. Again, thanks!

Welcome to Scrap Girls. We 'oldies' love helping 'newbies'. We were all there at some stage and have asked these same questions. I also learned something today so thanks for asking the question. Looking forward to seeing your layout in the gallery.

Archived