Hi!

Stage Manager K8

I'm Kate, from California.

I have been lurking around for quite a while and I love the newsletter.

I have done some paper scrapping in the past but I am really loving the digital way.

This is my favorite site of all the ones I've seen. I keep coming back for ideas and how-tos.

I have boxes of photos of my kids growing up that I need to get scanned and on a layout. Plus

there are many photos of the plays that I've worked on that need to go into a book.

I wish I was a better photographer.

Welcome, Kate, from another less-than-great photographer. One of the best things about digital scrapbooking is that we can make those less-than-perfect photos look great!

Hi Kate, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! Glad you've joined us and happy to hear this is your favorite site! (It happens to be my favorite, too! LOL) We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and seeing some of your creations. :)

Hi Kate! Welcome, welcome to the friendliest little purple place on the planet for digi-scrapping, new friends and a fabulous boutique where our designers tend to spoil us weekly with new and beautiful collections and goodies!

Can't wait to see some of your layouts one of these days!

Hi Kate, welcome to Scrap Girls! Where abouts do you live in California? I'm in the Los Angeles area.

As you can see we have an extremely helpful group here so don't hesitate to ask questions. Look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery:)

Hi kate.

I just sent you a message asking your name. OOps! Then I saw your note.

Welcome! Although I've been around for years, I'm still learning, and feel like a beginner. This is a friendly place and I hope you will enjoy it here.

Hello from another Kate

I also wish I was a better photographer, however I am starting to accept it takes me longer to learn the technical aspects than my husband (i got him into the hobby). He may take 'better' pictures, but I take more shots and collect the random moments. As I do more scrap pages I am also improving my pictures whether that is through thinking before I take e.g. is the background cluttered or using actions and tools in Photoshop.

I don't know what the pictures you are scanning in are like, but you maybe interested in a book (I haven't read) "when life gives you lemons; turning sour pictures into sweet scrapbook layouts". It seems to have some great ideas for capturing memories from less than perfect pictures. I'm quite tempted to read it in bed now :D

Welcome to the forum, Kate! We're so glad you joined in.

My dad used to enter photos in competitions, and his method was to take tons and tons of pictures, and a couple were bound to turn out beautifully.

Don't hesitate to ask questions - we all learn when people ask questions.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hi Kate, welcome to Scrap Girls! Where abouts do you live in California? I'm in the Los Angeles area.

As you can see we have an extremely helpful group here so don't hesitate to ask questions. Look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery:)

I'm in Whittier. How about you?

Oh, so we are not too far away. .I'm in Los Angeles - mid wilshire area. So glad to have you here!

I'm in Whittier. How about you?

Welcome Kate! Conda is right theres a lot to learn about taking pictures, but I still love my not so great photos because I feel like they are true to life.

Growing up our family photos always had my mothers finger in the photo, hah! I like to say at least mine are sans the finger ;)

Archived