• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stage Manager K8

Stage Manager K8

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Personal Statement:Never, NEVER stop learning!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

I have been collecting scrapbooking supplies from all over the internet for a long time. Up until now, I never really thought I would be sharing my work online. My problem is - now I don't remember where some of these things came from, let alone who designed them.

I am not sure how to give credit for these items. But I still want to be able to use them here.

Help!

By the way, the scrapgirls files are the most distinctively named and easy to keep track of. Thanks.

gallery_23652_304_70836.gif

BLINKIES_membmonth.gif  SGblinkie.gif  BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,757 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

I have some old, old things I've collected from the internet before SG and I will use them once in awhile - since I can't remember from where they came, I will just say that I can't remember! LOL And it's the truth because some things have been in my downloads for years and years and I never really posted anything anywhere else where it mattered - here, it is important to give credit where credit is due, but what you don't know, you can't give! :) :) Does that make any sense? It's the end of the day and I haven't much of a brain left! LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Welcome to Scrap Girls! Sara gave good advice - give credit where you are able (though never link to another site...just list the designer name) and if you don't know, admit it, lol. :) Isn't SG smart for knowing how to name their files so you can tell where they came from?!

tn_gallery_7171_358_48818.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#4 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,839 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I was exactly in your shoes....except I couldn't understand why I would buy anything when there were so many freebies. Now I know how much fun it is to work with a whole collection, lol. But I never thought I'd share my layouts online!

#5 Eden

Eden

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Welcome! Does K8 stand for Kate? In any case, I agree with Sara especially as you aren't using the products commercially when you postas a member here.

gallery_20822_297_39681.png

#6 sloginny

sloginny

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

I've had this question too. I use Copy and Close and Supply Tracker (which I got from Scrap Girls a few years ago). I always wonder if I'm doing something illegal when some of the items I track are only called "paper 1" or something like that. I have no idea where they came from. It's good to hear the comments about admitting I don't know. Thx.

#7 Stage Manager K8

Stage Manager K8

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Personal Statement:Never, NEVER stop learning!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Welcome! Does K8 stand for Kate? In any case, I agree with Sara especially as you aren't using the products commercially when you postas a member here.

Yes, I am Kate :happy-sun:

gallery_23652_304_70836.gif

BLINKIES_membmonth.gif  SGblinkie.gif  BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users