Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

Stage Manager K8

I have been collecting scrapbooking supplies from all over the internet for a long time. Up until now, I never really thought I would be sharing my work online. My problem is - now I don't remember where some of these things came from, let alone who designed them.

I am not sure how to give credit for these items. But I still want to be able to use them here.

Help!

By the way, the scrapgirls files are the most distinctively named and easy to keep track of. Thanks.

I have some old, old things I've collected from the internet before SG and I will use them once in awhile - since I can't remember from where they came, I will just say that I can't remember! LOL And it's the truth because some things have been in my downloads for years and years and I never really posted anything anywhere else where it mattered - here, it is important to give credit where credit is due, but what you don't know, you can't give! :):) Does that make any sense? It's the end of the day and I haven't much of a brain left! LOL

Welcome to Scrap Girls! Sara gave good advice - give credit where you are able (though never link to another site...just list the designer name) and if you don't know, admit it, lol. :) Isn't SG smart for knowing how to name their files so you can tell where they came from?!

I was exactly in your shoes....except I couldn't understand why I would buy anything when there were so many freebies. Now I know how much fun it is to work with a whole collection, lol. But I never thought I'd share my layouts online!

I've had this question too. I use Copy and Close and Supply Tracker (which I got from Scrap Girls a few years ago). I always wonder if I'm doing something illegal when some of the items I track are only called "paper 1" or something like that. I have no idea where they came from. It's good to hear the comments about admitting I don't know. Thx.

Archived