• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DixieLee

DixieLee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love learning how to scrap and I feel rich because of this opportunity!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Which book company do you use to print out LOs in the 8x8 size so that you don't lose the size of your LOs? I was starting to use Blurp, but it looks like I will lose the size with the borders they have--they don't print to the edges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Kate Davis

Kate Davis

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

The only company I've used appears to be European focussed, although they do have an option for the rest of the world so they may ship to America. Albelli/

I could have add my LO full page, but choose to have a small border so the text didn't disappear into the gutter (some pages were very text heavy). You can see the book I produced as a present for father in law here.
Posted Image
You can get more of me on Twitter or on my main blog.

#3 bjc

bjc

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

i use blurb..the quality is great... my understand and i dont really understand book publishing is that all books cut off a little in order to bind the book inside ... called full bleed

what i have done is like kate is give each page a border..which is from blurb...or else i went thru my pages, as you can preview the area that MAY get cut off ( i find they are very conservative and give you a big "pink" line to show the cut off but it isnt really that much) and then i move a few things into my pages..i have saved all my pages as psd so i can make changes... if it is just embellies, like a flower it is fine to cut a little off anyways... i try when i make pages not to have too much close to edges..
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image[size="4"]
Visit My GalleryPosted Image

#4 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,695 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

I checked out your book, Kate - it looks very nice. I agree that the little white border actually looks good here. Another thought might be to build in a small border in all your layouts - just a thought.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#5 Kate Davis

Kate Davis

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

Another thought might be to build in a small border in all your layouts - just a thought.

I agree. I usually do include a border of some type, but when I put these pages together under quite a bit of time pressure so it was ready for the birthday party and I focussed on fitting all the text on the page rather than how the book would be assembled. It was the first book I've completed and that was certainly the major learning point I got from it.
Posted Image
You can get more of me on Twitter or on my main blog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users