Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's in Saint Louis, I may be able to swing that this time - my daughter lives in O'Fallon IL and that isn't far from there at all - just depends on how much it will cost. Anyone have any estimates cost-wise?

I'd just love to meet everyone! Or is this meet just for the Scrap Girls that usually mmet?

That would be fun to meet you Sara!

Most hotels we've been at in the past are in the range of $90-120 per night (plus hotel taxes, which I'm not sure what the usual rates are), and if you have a roommate, your fee would obviously be half of that. You'd have airfare or driving costs to consider. Food - variable, but we usually eat at $8-12/entree type places, although you could get by for less with some salads, etc. We often order pizza for one meal. The meeting rooms as Theresa said range from about $50-300 dollars total for the 2-3 days we rent those, divided equally among all the people in attendance. I forget how many Theresa counted up so far...11? So you would potentially be person #12 for sharing the cost of the meeting room.

This is so exciting - it's going to be an awesome meetup!

Thanks, Cheri!

I so want to be there - trying to figure out if I can really afford it - thinking maybe I can talk Rich into driving to O'Fallon and then just driving to Saint Louis - I'd really love to meet all of you in real life - it sounds like such fun! Working on $$$$$$ now to see if I can swing it! And I think I already have a rookie too so that will help! Oh, and I don't eat much, so that will help! :) :)

If it's in Saint Louis, I may be able to swing that this time - my daughter lives in O'Fallon IL and that isn't far from there at all - just depends on how much it will cost. Anyone have any estimates cost-wise?

I'd just love to meet everyone! Or is this meet just for the Scrap Girls that usually mmet?

That would be fun to meet you Sara!

Most hotels we've been at in the past are in the range of $90-120 per night (plus hotel taxes, which I'm not sure what the usual rates are), and if you have a roommate, your fee would obviously be half of that. You'd have airfare or driving costs to consider. Food - variable, but we usually eat at $8-12/entree type places, although you could get by for less with some salads, etc. We often order pizza for one meal. The meeting rooms as Theresa said range from about $50-300 dollars total for the 2-3 days we rent those, divided equally among all the people in attendance. I forget how many Theresa counted up so far...11? So you would potentially be person #12 for sharing the cost of the meeting room.

This is so exciting - it's going to be an awesome meetup!

Thanks, Cheri!

I so want to be there - trying to figure out if I can really afford it - thinking maybe I can talk Rich into driving to O'Fallon and then just driving to Saint Louis - I'd really love to meet all of you in real life - it sounds like such fun! Working on $$$$$$ now to see if I can swing it! And I think I already have a rookie too so that will help! Oh, and I don't eat much, so that will help! :)/> :)/>

Sara, you can stay the night at my house for free if you want.

It's okay Sandi. I've been known to snore too. LOL I will bring ear plugs though.

I'm looking forward to the meet up too. I was so bummed that I wasn't going to be able to make the fall one and then it didn't happen, so I'm really glad I can make it this time.

The more I think about that early flight, it probably won't work anyway. Getting to the airport in rush hour and getting the kids on the bus would be a big headache....

I haven't looked at flights lately, I'd like to get the hotel settled first...so I know I have a bed to sleep in that night! I'll be looking for something coming in the afternoon so that I don't have to get up early and fight traffic like you.

I like living near a bigger airport, but it's not right down the street like at the old house! We aren't far at all, but there is a lot of traffic. Dh will probably tell me to take the train to the airport, lol!

I was just looking at times and prices. I won't book anything until we have some set plans, like Michele said.

I like living near a bigger airport, but it's not right down the street like at the old house! We aren't far at all, but there is a lot of traffic. Dh will probably tell me to take the train to the airport, lol!

I was just looking at times and prices. I won't book anything until we have some set plans, like Michele said.

Ditto!!

90 days!!

:dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/> :dancing-smilie:/>

Well, we just found out the date of our Granddaughter's graduation and it's a lot later than the meet so we'll be going to Saint Louis AFTER the meet instead of around the same time. So, I guess I'll miss out on yet another meet!

Ah, maybe the next one?

Archived