Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the City Museum for our photo walk? Not so many plants, more architectural stuff and lots of fun slides! I mean like kid slides but are fun as adults too!

City Museum is cool. Lots of funky architecture. I haven't been there in years. It's a little expensive in my opinion.

How expensive is too expensive? Could we qualify for a group rate? Sometimes we can even do something through the hotel.

City Museum is cool. Lots of funky architecture. I haven't been there in years. It's a little expensive in my opinion.

How expensive is too expensive? Could we qualify for a group rate? Sometimes we can even do something through the hotel.

Good thinking, Monica! Sometimes there are discount tickets through AAA or credit unions. Anyone a member of a local credit union? I'm a AAA Michigan member - it might work...

$12 per person plus $6 if you want to go to the aquarium

That sounds ok, without the aquarium. As much as I adore gardens, I have a gazillion garden photos and would love the architecture part. But, honestly, any place away from home is exciting!

I'd definitely prefer the museum, but not if it's going to take forever. Is there a lot to do there? Or, could we manage to get through in a couple of hours?

Oh, and 80 Days!!!! WooHoo!!!!

I guess $12 isn't a whole lot... but I'm cheap. Plus, I'm spoiled with all the other free attractions in St. Louis (Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum, Science Center, etc). I don't even like paying for a movie theater. But it would be fun for a photo walk, since we do a lot of gardens/zoos. The City Museum is not your traditional "museum." It's "an eclectic mixture of children’s playground, funhouse, surrealistic pavilion, and architectural marvel made out of unique, found objects."

(Group rate requires 15+ people, with advance registration)

I guess $12 isn't a whole lot... but I'm cheap. Plus, I'm spoiled with all the other free attractions in St. Louis (Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum, Science Center, etc). I don't even like paying for a movie theater. But it would be fun for a photo walk, since we do a lot of gardens/zoos. The City Museum is not your traditional "museum." It's "an eclectic mixture of children’s playground, funhouse, surrealistic pavilion, and architectural marvel made out of unique, found objects."

Sounds very interesting for photo ops. Barb (Goodqueenbee) and I are doing a photo shoot at the Tacoma Glass Museum in Feb.

Holy cow; ALL that is FREE there?! hoo boy, I think I'm moving...

The Science Center of Iowa is darned expensive, especially when you want to also see a traveling exhibit and must pay BOTH prices. Oh, and for all 5 members of your family, lol. Plus it's a little small and the permanent exhibits never change much...

I'm cool with any photo walk idea:)

Holy cow; ALL that is FREE there?! hoo boy, I think I'm moving...

The Science Center of Iowa is darned expensive, especially when you want to also see a traveling exhibit and must pay BOTH prices. Oh, and for all 5 members of your family, lol. Plus it's a little small and the permanent exhibits never change much...

I'm cool with any photo walk idea:)

Yep that's all free!! One reason I love St. Louis, and one reason we rarely visit zoos/museums in other cities. Obviously, they charge for parking and special exhibits (Zoo train, special touring art/science exhibits, etc), but the main attractions are free to the general public. Even the outdoor theater in St. Louis has a whole section of free seats in the back :)

Thanks for sharing the site - it looks incredible! I'm down for what everyone else wants, free or paid, the City Museum is something you won't see anywhere else!

Archived