Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

I would love to see a Silhouette Cameo work. I am bringing my laptop & oversize monitor that sits next to it, and will bring a power strip. I could probably bring at least one additional monitor if someone is flying in and just has a laptop with them. It's sure nice to have an extra screen.

You are going to give me screen envy. I'm old school...I just use one monitor.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or I could bring something already printed and we could cut it...:)/>/>

Well now....that's a fantabulous idea! ;)/>

Yeah, sometimes I think too, lol...and it's just as dangerous when I do it as when you do it;) hahahahaha (Of course, both of us DO actually come up with some good ideas sometimes too)

I would love to see a Silhouette Cameo work. I am bringing my laptop & oversize monitor that sits next to it, and will bring a power strip. I could probably bring at least one additional monitor if someone is flying in and just has a laptop with them. It's sure nice to have an extra screen.

Conda and I will try not to drool on your second monitor;)

I've always said I'd love to scrapbook with 3 screens, lol - one for Photoshop with my layout open on it, and 2 for ACDSee - 1 of those with photos, the other with digi supplies. Alas, I am a firm laptop/1 screen scrapper since I scrapbook sitting on the couch in the living room with a (nice) TV tray for my "desk". Oh well, a girl can dream, right?!

Conda and I will try not to drool on your second monitor;)

I've always said I'd love to scrapbook with 3 screens, lol - one for Photoshop with my layout open on it, and 2 for ACDSee - 1 of those with photos, the other with digi supplies. Alas, I am a firm laptop/1 screen scrapper since I scrapbook sitting on the couch in the living room with a (nice) TV tray for my "desk". Oh well, a girl can dream, right?!

I don't use a tv tray, but I'm sitting in the living room when I scrap 99% of the time!!

3 sreens....ahhh, how amazing would that be?

my big screen is big enough to have 2 full pages open at the same time and I can use my laptop as another one, but rarely do it for scrapping. And until the last few weeks, I've worked almost entirely on the laptop.

Well ... here we are so close to STL coming upon us and what should my darling hubby do?? Surprise me by producing a plane ticket to STL for THURSDAY!! When I talked to Monica (we were making the 9 hour drive together) her hubby was bit by the same generous bug as mine and he sprung for a ticket for Monica too (she arrives Friday)!! Aren't they wonderful??!!

So what time is everyone arriving on Thursday? I wasn't paying attention because originally wasn't flying, but is anyone doing airport pick-ups? My plane is an early one. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!

Well ... here we are so close to STL coming upon us and what should my darling hubby do?? Surprise me by producing a plane ticket to STL for THURSDAY!! When I talked to Monica (we were making the 9 hour drive together) her hubby was bit by the same generous bug as mine and he sprung for a ticket for Monica too (she arrives Friday)!! Aren't they wonderful??!!

So what time is everyone arriving on Thursday? I wasn't paying attention because originally wasn't flying, but is anyone doing airport pick-ups? My plane is an early one. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!

OHHHHH....I think I like LOVE these men! Woo Hoo!! AND you have so much more time to play!!

How about everyone that is flying in on Thursday post their arrival times so we can get a game plan for pick up/shuttle, etc. Sandi was going to be our shuttle girl on Thursday (have I mention I am going to miss that lady???). I know the hotel does not have a shuttle service. I have some morning things to get to then I'll call the hotel (unless someone beats me too it) and see if they have a recommendation. Also, there is always cab service and if times are right a couple can share fare.

LESS THAN 1 WEEK!!!

I think I'm the early bird. My Delta Flight 5121 is arriving in STL at 11:05 AM .... sorry ladies ... hubby's surprise (and we LOVE it no matter how early!!)!! If I'm the only early bird and no one is there for pick up I might see about this shuttle to the hotel. I know rooms are not ready until 3 so I'll have to find a place to hang out in a lounge area maybe? It will work out!

Michele posted this in one of her posts in this thread:

"there's a shared-shuttle service that "leave St. Louis Lambert International Airport approximately every 15 to 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and begin servicing routes to the airport at 4 a.m." It's GO BEST Express Airport Shuttle (1-877-STL- GOVAN (1-877-785-4682), www.gobestexpress.com). I've used this type of service in SLC and other places where I didn't need a car and it worked pretty well."

I think I'm the early bird. My Delta Flight 5121 is arriving in STL at 11:05 AM .... sorry ladies ... hubby's surprise (and we LOVE it no matter how early!!)!! If I'm the only early bird and no one is there for pick up I might see about this shuttle to the hotel. I know rooms are not ready until 3 so I'll have to find a place to hang out in a lounge area maybe? It will work out!

"there's a shared-shuttle service that "leave St. Louis Lambert International Airport approximately every 15 to 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and begin servicing routes to the airport at 4 a.m." It's GO BEST Express Airport Shuttle (1-877-STL- GOVAN (1-877-785-4682), www.gobestexpress.com). I've used this type of service in SLC and other places where I didn't need a car and it worked pretty well."

The hotel representative sent me these names/numbers and says they have "used them with success". I have not contacted them.

-Best Transportation (314) 989-1500

-Country Club Limousine (636) 928-5466

Cheri is right...there is a great lobby and the breakfast area too. Tables, outlets...they are very accommodating!!!

I've never heard of GO BEST Express, but their rates are cheaper than a taxi! So that would be a good option. (Although they highly recommend advance reservations, so if you know your flight times, you might want to make a reservation online to guarantee your ride)

I'm sorry I'm no help as far as having a car for airport pickups :(/> Unless someone needed me to meet them at the airport and bring them back to the hotel on the train/bus ;)/>

Right now it sounds like I won't be able to take off work on Thursday. But I can try, if you want someone to hang out with on Thursday afternoon. The Drury has a nice lobby and eating area, so they should have no problem letting you hang out until your room is ready. And maybe you'll be lucky and the room will be ready early!

I should be able to pick you ladies up. I took that day off call so I could so if you can just help me make some sort of schedule, I'll be the shuttle.

I should be able to pick you ladies up. I took that day off call so I could so if you can just help me make some sort of schedule, I'll be the shuttle.

How awesome Laura!! :) Thank you for volunteering!

Wow, a lot has happened while I was gone!!! Pat, we'll miss you! But what an opportunity! And Lei and Monica...I'm so excited for you both!! Less time driving, more time scrapping!

Laura, you are awesome! I get in at 3:45 pm on Thursday. Southwest flight 254 from BWI (Baltimore). Sorry if I missed anyone...the thread got long while I was gone!

I'm driving, but arrival time depends on departure time on Wednesday after partial workday, and how far I get the first day. Once I get to town I can help with driving. Am driving my DH's Saab, comfortable for four adults, five if we're skinny. (love my Sienna, but it get 21mpg and the Saab gets 29 or 30mpg on the highway.)

Laura - would love to hang out with you! Haven't seen you since Ohio!! My flight arrives 11:05 in Terminal 1 (Delta 5121). Is that too early?

Here's the list of what I know ...

Lei 11:05 (Thurs)

Michele 1.27 (Thurs)

Carla 3:45 (Thurs)

Monica will be arriving Friday - waiting for time.

Our trio (Cheri, Angie, Conda) are meeting at Angie's at 12:30 Thursday...should put as at the hotel between 3:30-4:30.

I get in at 3:45 pm on Thursday. Southwest flight 254 from BWI (Baltimore).

Maybe the KC crew could stop by the airport and pick up Carla on the way to the hotel!!

Oh My Goodness! This is getting so exciting!!!! I have no idea of the details, yet. DH bought my ticket, but didn't print anything out for me before he started his afternoon construction project. I'll post more when I know, but it will be late Friday afternoon.

BTW, I've never flown on a plane post 9-11. I wanted to bring candy/goodies to share. Can I still do that?

Oh My Goodness! This is getting so exciting!!!! I have no idea of the details, yet. DH bought my ticket, but didn't print anything out for me before he started his afternoon construction project. I'll post more when I know, but it will be late Friday afternoon.

BTW, I've never flown on a plane post 9-11. I wanted to bring candy/goodies to share. Can I still do that?

Yes you can bring candy & food on the plane.... I've flown with whole Subway sandwiches before! Just no liquids over 3oz allowed on the plane (unless it's in your checked luggage).

We have sweethearts for husbands, Monica! I'm so excited!!

As several of you know by now, I'm not going to be able to make it to the meet up. A paying opportunity involving photography and horses - two of my favorite things - has come up for me that weekend. It was a very, very difficult decision because I was really looking forward to the weekend. I'm going to miss being with you guys.

That sounds like an amazing opportunity! I'd make the same decision, tough it was. *hugs* You'll be missed - and you and Sandi BETTER be at the next one! ;)/>

Agreed! Pat we'll miss you, but somethings you just gotta go for!

Just saying "hi" and wishing I could be with you this time around. I'm having toe surgery next Thursday, so I won't be going anywhere for a while. But that's so exciting Barbara will be able to come! You ladies are in for a real treat!

Have fun everyone!

Gayle,

I hope your surgery goes well! I'll miss you. I hope our schedules mesh so we both go to another meet-up!

Now that I have 2 monitors at the office, I want 2 monitors at home!!

I'm the opposite, I have a 27" monitor at home along with my laptop screen (15"), both HD. At work I have a 14" laptop screen. I'm on my work laptop more, so being at home is where I'm spoiled :)

Laura - would love to hang out with you! Haven't seen you since Ohio!! My flight arrives 11:05 in Terminal 1 (Delta 5121). Is that too early?

Here's the list of what I know ...

Lei 11:05 (Thurs)

Michele 1.27 (Thurs)

Carla 3:45 (Thurs)

Monica will be arriving Friday - waiting for time.

Laura, thank you so much for being the official SG airport shuttle!

Lei, thanks for checking the old posts - I was getting ready to find my old post or look up my reservation on Delta :)

Yes you can bring candy & food on the plane.... I've flown with whole Subway sandwiches before! Just no liquids over 3oz allowed on the plane (unless it's in your checked luggage).

The 3oz restriction is through security. Once through security, if you want to buy a bottle of water bigger than 3oz you can bring that on board. People bring all kinds of food - whole meals from the airport restaurants (in "to go" containers). Since the food service is non-existent, most airlines don't care what you bring as long as it's made it through security or purchased on premise.

Any solid food, like candy is fine, as Tiza said.

Archived