Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

Should work for me. Nothing on the taiko calendar yet for that weekend. Nobody needs to be home that weekend to do last-minute income tax filings due on the 15th?? ;)/>

I let dh handle all that stuff! I've never done my taxes myself...my dad did them until I married dh and he's done it ever since.

April should be nice - maybe we can do a photo walk at the Botanical Gardens!!

That's my favorite kind of photo walk to take!

Sent off an email to dh to check his work schedule!Heard back from dh and he said there aren't any conflicts that he knows of. I told him to put it on his calendar now!! Count me in!
Carla - just tried sending you a pm ... it says you aren't set up to receive them on SG? Strange!

I received a PM later in the day...strange!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That weekend looks good for me! I have to talk to DH and mark it on the work calendar. I'm so excited!

Yeah!!

This planning has gotten my scrapping mojo back. I did 2 layouts yesterday. I don't think I really scrapbooked at all that much since our last meetup :-(

That weekend looks good for me! I have to talk to DH and mark it on the work calendar. I'm so excited!

Yeah!!

Okay. DH says I can go. ;)

Lei, we'll have to talk details of carpooling. Michelle, do you want to carpool as well?

So, who is rooming with whom? And, do we have hotel information yet?

So... estimate of people...

Theresa

Conda

Angie

Laura

Monica

Carla

Lei

Michele

Sandi

Cheri

Pat

Good group so far! Anyone else I'm missing? I might see if Danna is available to join us for the weekend, or at least for the photo walk.

Feel free to start claiming roommates. I probably won't stay at the hotel, since I live so close ;) Laura, will you be staying at the hotel?

I haven't started calling around to hotels yet. It's on my to-do list. The last St. Louis meetup we stayed at the Drury Inn, and it was very convenient. We were going to stay there last fall, but that meetup fell through... so I might call and see if that same sales coordinator can help get us a deal for this one. I know the Drury requires a minimum of 5 rooms in order to get the cheap group rate on the meeting room. However, looking online, it looks like room prices went up since the fall... so maybe I'll check around at some other hotels too.

This planning has gotten my scrapping mojo back. I did 2 layouts yesterday. I don't think I really scrapbooked at all that much since our last meetup :-(

Glad your mojo is back...but didn't you do like a hundred pages at the last meet up??? lol You are so quick!

Yeah!!

Okay. DH says I can go. ;)/>

Lei, we'll have to talk details of carpooling. Michelle, do you want to carpool as well?

I'm checking on flights - from DTW, Delta is about $200, which is much less than I expected. According to Google, it's about 9 hours by car - when would you leave and what day would you return? No promises, but I'm now eligible to get company vehicles for a week every quarter, maybe I can get something like a Chevy Traverse that's roomy and comfy...If I decide to carpool, I'll look into how to reserve one!

I'm looking for a roomie - looks like people are pairing up fast!

If it's in Saint Louis, I may be able to swing that this time - my daughter lives in O'Fallon IL and that isn't far from there at all - just depends on how much it will cost. Anyone have any estimates cost-wise?

I'd just love to meet everyone! Or is this meet just for the Scrap Girls that usually mmet?

If it's in Saint Louis, I may be able to swing that this time - my daughter lives in O'Fallon IL and that isn't far from there at all - just depends on how much it will cost. Anyone have any estimates cost-wise?

I'd just love to meet everyone! Or is this meet just for the Scrap Girls that usually mmet?

We don't have an estimate yet...that depends on the number of people so it will be a week or two before we have the estimated cost. We will post that as soon as it's available!

Of course it's open to anyone. :) How neat that it is close to your daughter!

Rough cost estimates:

There are 2 hotels I'm considering. Both websites are quoting guest room rates at $150/night...which you can split with your roommate. These room prices will hopefully decrease if I can get a group rate.

Meeting room cost (do we want the room for Friday & Saturday?) - could be anywhere from $50-300 per day... but once we split that up among everyone, it should be very minimal.

If we want to do a photo walk at the Missouri Botanical Gardens one day, that has an $8 adult admission.

Plus cost of any meals.

And any transportation you require to get to St. Louis

Glad your mojo is back...but didn't you do like a hundred pages at the last meet up??? lol You are so quick!

Yeah, but since my divorce, I don't feel like scrapping all of those old memories. Time for new ones though! One thing I learned is I don't take near enough photos of myself.

Yeah!!

Okay. DH says I can go. ;)/>/>

I'm checking on flights - from DTW, Delta is about $200, which is much less than I expected. According to Google, it's about 9 hours by car - when would you leave and what day would you return? No promises, but I'm now eligible to get company vehicles for a week every quarter, maybe I can get something like a Chevy Traverse that's roomy and comfy...If I decide to carpool, I'll look into how to reserve one!

I'm looking for a roomie - looks like people are pairing up fast!

If I carpool, I won't be able to leave for your place until about 8am Friday (I'm in Bay City). I have to get all of the kids on the buses to school first, which means we wouldn't get to MO until Friday evening. Then, I'd need to be home Sunday evening, although time isn't an issue at that point.

Hey, I don't think I will be staying in St Louis because I live so close, and I will be going though O'fallon, IL if you want me to give you a ride there at some point Sara.

(snipped previous quotes)

If I carpool, I won't be able to leave for your place until about 8am Friday (I'm in Bay City). I have to get all of the kids on the buses to school first, which means we wouldn't get to MO until Friday evening. Then, I'd need to be home Sunday evening, although time isn't an issue at that point.

Monica, I'll probably fly in. I like to maximize the weekend with the SG's, so I'm looking at flights coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Once the hotel is set, I'll book and post my itinerary here. It was a fun idea, though!

Monica, I'll probably fly in. I like to maximize the weekend with the SG's, so I'm looking at flights coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Once the hotel is set, I'll book and post my itinerary here. It was a fun idea, though!

Michele, are you looking at a direct flight or a stop over in Chicago? Which airline??

Michele, are you looking at a direct flight or a stop over in Chicago? Which airline??

Sounds fine to me. I don't mind the drive.

Any body still need a roomie? Maybe even 3 to a room to cut the cost a little more?

That would be fun to meet you Sara!

Most hotels we've been at in the past are in the range of $90-120 per night (plus hotel taxes, which I'm not sure what the usual rates are), and if you have a roommate, your fee would obviously be half of that. You'd have airfare or driving costs to consider. Food - variable, but we usually eat at $8-12/entree type places, although you could get by for less with some salads, etc. We often order pizza for one meal. The meeting rooms as Theresa said range from about $50-300 dollars total for the 2-3 days we rent those, divided equally among all the people in attendance. I forget how many Theresa counted up so far...11? So you would potentially be person #12 for sharing the cost of the meeting room.

This is so exciting - it's going to be an awesome meetup!

Lei, I'm looking at direct flights from DTW. Last time I went I flew out of Flint with layovers and I just wanted to get there! So the inconvenience of the traffic to DTW is worth no layover :) I usually fly Delta, I have miles with them but the $ cost as of a couple of days ago was in the $200 range - which I thought was quite reasonable!

Archived