Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

Ok Ladies....our fall meet up appears to be a bust. I'm still grumbling about that...so, I thought what better time than now to start the spring planning thread!!

I say we reschedule from Saint Louis this fall to Saint Louis Spring of 2013. Of course, date and location are up for discussion.

We usually get together some time in April. Easter is is Sunday March 31st, fyi. We will have to schedule around that and spring breaks.

What do you think??

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to pick a date and have everyone stick it to their calendars in super glue, duct tape, cement, whatever it takes so this meetup happens!!

I still have some purple duct tape!!!

By then I will be settled into the new house...with no plans of moving again for a few years!! My kids are adults...so no planning around their events...I should be pretty open to any date!!

I'll be heading out to Los Angeles in April 2013. I need to clear out my storage bin and move my stuff back to New York. Don't know if I can do two trips in April.

Anyone interested in doing an East Coast Meet Up? Like New York? That I could probably do.

I'd love to do a meet-up, especially in Missouri (my sister lives in Osage City, and I haven't met my nephew yet!). However, it's nearly impossible for me to get away during the school year...

I'll be heading out to Los Angeles in April 2013. I need to clear out my storage bin and move my stuff back to New York. Don't know if I can do two trips in April.

Anyone interested in doing an East Coast Meet Up? Like New York? That I could probably do.

An east coast meetup would be wonderful!

We were hoping to plan a Spring 2013 meetup in PA.

An east coast meetup would be wonderful!

I agree, we were trying to plan a Spring 2013 meetup in PA.

I plan to be in NJ for Easter week. NYC is just across the water.

If you really meet in St. Louis and it's at a time when I can go visit my daughter in O'Fallon, I might be able to come for a day or something - I would so love to meet all of you in real life! I'll keep an eye on this thread from time to time to see what your plans are and I'll be checking with my daughter to see if she'll have me! LOL LOL

I am so sorry to hear that the Fall meet up isn't going to happen. At least I don't have to feel bad about missing it now. I'll plan on sometime in April in St. Louis then!! As far as I know at this point, I don't have anything happening in April or early May.

Carla-how far out is your husband's school scheduled?

The Saturday dates for the month of April are 6, 13, 20, 27....

At this point, I have no calendars to check. Emma is scheduled to graduate May 4th ish. (depending on hours) It's not like there is a big planned ceremony at the school or anything so I won't have to plan around that.

I'm anxious to start a countdown... LOL ;)

Dh is away at a school right now, but I'll see if he knows of anything in that time frame. October 1st is the new fiscal year for the Army, so things are kind of on hold until that gets up and running. Don't plan around me, though. With the Army, you just never know...

That first weekend in April may not be good for me. The girls have spring break ending that week and we will probably go to Florida to see my grandfather.

• 3 months later...

I'll keep an eye on this! I've been thinking about it! I know the first weekend in April isn't good for me, but other than that, I don't know of any conflicts. Of course, I'll have to check with dh's schedule!

So, where and when? Maybe I can convince DH and FIL to handle the kids...

Good question! We were planning Saint Louis last fall, but it didn't work out...are we wanting to shoot for St. Louis again? Kansas City? Des Moines?

So, where and when? Maybe I can convince DH and FIL to handle the kids...

Good question! We were planning Saint Louis last fall, but it didn't work out...are we wanting to shoot for St. Louis again? Kansas City? Des Moines?

The farther West you go, the harder it will be for me, but don't let that be a major factor. I'm still a long shot.

Archived