Midwest Meet Up Spring 2013

SodScrap

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiza has contacted three possible hotels and is waiting to hear back from them!! One is the same one we stayed at last time! (She is currently knee deep in year end reports...)

Did someone say 65 days?? :dancingchicken2:/>/>/> :dancingchicken2:/>/>/> :dancingchicken2:/>/>/>

Knee deep? It's about shoulder deep right now. :hit-head-with-hammer:/>/>

Work is crazy busy/frustrating/stressful right now, plus all the joys of moving (packing, getting utilities hooked up, hiring the movers, changing all my addresses, etc), plus taiko practices (learning new material and preparing for 2 big performances this month), PLUS it sounds like I'll be taking over as Treasurer of the taiko group starting next week.

I NEED A VACATION!!! Or a clone ;)/>/>

Yes... there are 3 possible hotels. Trying to figure out who has the meeting spaces available, since we have a decent size group this time, and the best price on hotel rooms. I'm TRYING to get you all an answer.

We know you are so busy T .... just let us know if there is anything we can do to help you, sweetie!!

Exactly! If you want us to bang on the hotels because they're not getting back with you, we can do that while you use the shovels coming your way to dig out from under your work and keep up with all the other stuff on your plate. We want you to be awake when we all get together, not exhausted!

We finally have a hotel! (Thank you, Conda, for your help nagging hotels.) We're back at the Drury that we used a couple years ago.

Here are the details...

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park

2111 Sulphur Ave Saint Louis, MO 63139

Check-in @ 3:00

Deluxe Room w/2 queen beds: $138/night +taxes (if people want to squeeze more than 2 people in a room to bring the price down, you can)

Meeting room: $225 each day, Friday/Saturday - divided by 10 people, this only comes out to about $45 per person.

I should have an online registration link by the end of the week.

If you aren't familiar with Drury Inn, here are some of the things they offer:

Free Hot QUIKSTART Breakfast

Hot means sausage and eggs, not bread and a toaster. Our hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy. Plus fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, juices, hot and cold cereals, toast, milk, coffee, tea and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6:00 - 9:30 a.m. weekdays (Monday - Friday) and from 7:00 - 10:00 a.m. on weekends (Saturday & Sunday).

5:30 Kickback - Free Hot Food & Cold Beverages

Now Serving! Drury will let no guest go hungry... at least every evening from 5:30 to 7:00. All Drury hotels now offer free hot food & cold beverages for guests.

Our rotating menu features a variety of hot food, including chicken strips, macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, baked potatoes, broccoli cheddar soup and more! Plus, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks are served everyday. There’s something for everyone at Drury’s 5:30 Kickback. It's a snack for some, meal for others and free for all!

• Free Wireless Internet
  • Free 60 Minutes of Long Distance
  • Free Soda/Popcorn in Lobby (daily 3-10 pm)
  • Free Local Phone Calls
  • HBO, Our Exclusive Premium Movie Channel
  • CNN, ESPN, Weather Channel & More
  • Flat Panel LCD TVs in every room
  • Free Covered Parking
  • Free In-room Coffee Service
  • 2-Room Suites Available
  • 24 Hour Business Center
  • All Rooms with Microwaves & Refrigerators
  • 24 Hour Fitness Center
  • Fax Services
  • Guest Laundry
  • Guest Pantry
  • Guest Voice Mail
  • Hair Dryers in All Rooms
  • Indoor/Outdoor Pool & Whirlpool (9 am - 10 pm)
  • Iron & Ironing Board in All Rooms
  • Meeting Rooms
  • Same Day Dry Cleaning Available

The hotel does NOT offer shuttle service to/from the airport. So we'll have to coordinate rides among each other.

That's what I have for you so far.

Exactly! If you want us to bang on the hotels because they're not getting back with you, we can do that while you use the shovels coming your way to dig out from under your work and keep up with all the other stuff on your plate. We want you to be awake when we all get together, not exhausted!

Fortunately I have a vacation between now and the meetup, so I'll be able to recharge my body batteries

Fortunately I have a vacation between now and the meetup, so I'll be able to recharge my body batteries

Good for you! You certainly deserve it after 1Q13 - it's been a biggie for you!

We finally have a hotel! (Thank you, Conda, for your help nagging hotels.) We're back at the Drury that we used a couple years ago.

Here are the details...

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park

2111 Sulphur Ave Saint Louis, MO 63139

Sweet! Thank you both Tiza and Conda!!

Yay! That Drury is a nice one. Let us know when the online link is available and I'm booking my room with Pat.

Just waiting on the finalized contract from Drury. Once it's reviewed and signed, we'll be provided the reservation link.

We have a reservation link, finally!

http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2173367

Go reserve your rooms!! We need to get them booked by March 10th, to keep our group rate.

All of the other hotel details are back in Post #184

Room accommodations for Cheri, Nica, and me are all set. Thanks, Tiza!

I'll make my flight reservations this weekend.

We have a reservation link, finally!

http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2173367

Go reserve your rooms!! We need to get them booked by March 10th, to keep our group rate.

All of the other hotel details are back in Post #184

Room accommodations for Cheri, Nica, and me are all set. Thanks, Tiza!

I'll make my flight reservations this weekend.

Michele, you're awesome! Thanks!

My flights are booked! Here's my current travel info (barring any changes from Delta):

11Apr2013, Delta Flt #4962, Depart DTW 12:45 pm, Arrive STL 1:27 pm

14Apr2013, Delta Flt #4962, Depart STL 2:10 pm, Arrive DTW 4:46pm

Can't wait to see everyone there!

My flights are booked! Here's my current travel info (barring any changes from Delta):

Ok, will try to be in STL in time to pick you up at the airport.

Getting very excited now.

Sandi, you are so sweet!

If not, there's a shared-shuttle service that "leave St. Louis Lambert International Airport approximately every 15 to 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and begin servicing routes to the airport at 4 a.m." It's GO BEST Express Airport Shuttle (1-877-STL- GOVAN (1-877-785-4682), www.gobestexpress.com). I've used this type of service in SLC and other places where I didn't need a car and it worked pretty well.

Of course there's nothing like a ScrapGirls shuttle ;-). Point is, we'll make it work!

I'm getting really excited too! What's our countdown?

Sandi, you are so sweet!

If not, there's a shared-shuttle service that "leave St. Louis Lambert International Airport approximately every 15 to 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and begin servicing routes to the airport at 4 a.m." It's GO BEST Express Airport Shuttle (1-877-STL- GOVAN (1-877-785-4682), www.gobestexpress.com). I've used this type of service in SLC and other places where I didn't need a car and it worked pretty well.

Of course there's nothing like a ScrapGirls shuttle ;-). Point is, we'll make it work!

I'm getting really excited too! What's our countdown?

Unless there's a traffic hang up, shouldn't be any problem at all getting there on time. There's a cell phone lot, easy to get in and out.

Archived