Joey

Downloading Problems

8 posts in this topic

I am having a difficult time downloading purchases since the site has changed. I did some chatting with Angie after I used up all 5 of my opportunities and still did not have the download. I have always used a download manager, which Angie said should not have worked as the site does not allow it. Well, since the changes, download manager doesn't work. Boo Hoo....

So.....I am now downloading through Firefox, but GOOD GRIEF, just took 2 hours to download a 44.6 MB file at the lightning speed of 5.4 KB/sec. With download manager speed averaged about 75-85 KB/sec. Tried IE, but that wouldn't work at all. Any suggestions?

That sounds like something else is interfering. I use Firefox all the time, no problem. May I suggest going to speedtest.net while in Firefox, and testing it? Maybe your entire internet was temporarily slowed down.

I've never had problems. What a bummer. I use firefox all the time!! Give Barbara's suggestion a try! Let us know if you need other help!

I use a download manager with firefox & have downloaded successfully (once) from the new boutique. Definitely check your internet speed. Perhaps a virus scan from a reputable site, also?

I download through Firefox and haven't run into any issues (until my internet cuts out). Hope you find the problem and get it fixed!!

Barbara, thanks so much for the speedtest.net suggestion. Sure 'nuff, speed at 0.04. Just a coincidence that it happened same time I did first download from new and improved site. And I do like the changes. Appreciate all the responses. Aggie, when this issue is fixed, I am definitely going to try to sneak back in with my download manager.

So glad you've got the problem resolved :D