Photo

How Do You Organize Photos From An Iphone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bjc

bjc

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

i have been downloading my photos off my iphone to my computer thru LR ...i have a folder called 2012 iphone photos and then LR puts them in folder by date... i just do this downloading from my phone every few weeks or more ...so i may have several photos on one date, and one on another..but they are all in these date folders so i dont know what is in each folder unless i open it...and then would have to rename...there must be a better way... hoping some one has some great organizing ideas for the cell phone photos
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image[size="4"]
Visit My GalleryPosted Image

#2 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,757 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wish I could help, but my photos from my IPhone go right to IPhoto - and they are also by date but I tend to "kind of" organize mine by date anyway - so I'm no help at all! Sorry! I'm sure someone will have the answer for you!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 LenaLotta

LenaLotta

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I do it the hard way. I put date folders into year folders and all photos go into the right date folder. I have photos from my iPhone, my SLR camera and my small compact but I want everything cronologic. Often I use all three on an occasion then I add time to the filename to get them exactly cronologic.
OK, I am a bit crazy, I have total control of my folders and a total mess on my desk :D

"Life is not the days that go by, but the days you remember"
gallery_19634_66_4233.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gifBLINKIES_sgdevotee.gif

#4 JeannieH

JeannieH

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Personal Statement:Act Justly, Love Goodness and Walk Humbly.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Sorry, I let I Photo handle it all......

Jeannie
http://nonnasscraps.blogspot.com
Sorting through the scraps to generate the gems!

Jeannie H

MovemberBlinkie.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_nextdoor.gifBLINKIES_good-girl.gif

#5 Laurel Lakey

Laurel Lakey

Scrap Girls Product Designer

• Design Team
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

I download them all into an 'iPhone photos' folder and then they are all in there together. So they're not sorted by date necessarily, but because they're numbered already by my iPhone, they do show up in chronological order. I don't take nearly as many photos on my phone at one time as I do with my DSLR, so it's easy for me to go through them when they're all grouped together like that. Maybe I should start putting them together like my 'real' camera photos, by date and then event, such as: 0812_Family Party (where that means August 12th, and the event was a family party). That works well for me because if I have more than one event or category on a certain day, they can be put into their own folders when I upload the files.

But like I said, I don't take nearly as many photos with my iPhone as I do with my regular camera, so dumping them all together in one folder works for me.

HTH! :)

gallery_4739_461_28437.pngButton_Designer.png

Click on the images below to be taken to the Boutique.

S4H/SFO and commercial versions now available!

LLA_HappyDays_MKTG150.jpg LLA_SSDLT_Collaged_MKTG150.jpg LLA_EmbMini_Affirmations_MKTG150.jpg LLA_SSDLA_Mini_Confetti_MKTG150.jpg LLA_LPG_CollectionBiggie_MKTG150.jpg

#6 bjc

bjc

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

guess for me i will just have to go thru and do the folders...as i do for my real camera... i presently have a folder under the year..like 2012 that is called iphone ..and i guess if i dont want to miss some goodies in there i have to look and give them an event name, like laurel says ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image[size="4"]
Visit My GalleryPosted Image

#7 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

iPhone photos go from the iPhone photos folder on download and then I sort them by subject into the dated folders by subject (main folder 2012, subfolders for each month and then sub sub folders by subject, event, place). I take photos with 5 cameras, including my iPhone, often using 2 or 3 cameras (DSLR, P&S and iPhone) for each event, place, etc.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Sandi, I like your suggestion. Do you put ALL your pictures (from all 3 cameras) into the same folder (such as 2012 - October - Halloween) or do you add another subfolder for each of your 3 cameras?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users