• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diannecp

diannecp

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Personal Statement:Artist, writer, daughter, wife, aunt, child of God. I'm just a "work in progress."

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I know some of you use this program. Ii don't use it for layout but I'm trying to use it to create our church directory (upgrading from a spreadsheet - LOL!) using the data merge feature. It's working, somewhat, but I'm missing something. Wondered if any of you might have experience using it in a similar way (knowing some of you are involved in church stuff) and would be willing to let me email a few ?s or chat/IM? I've tried a few other forums but not found my answer yet.
Posted Image

"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott. My blog (Unfinished Work)

#2 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,773 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Dianne, I wish I could help! I use InDesign every day - all day - but I don't use the data merge feature - I'll play around with it though and see what I can figure out. Go ahead and pm me with your questions and let me see what I can do!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Jo Corne

Jo Corne

Racked, Stacked and Mac'd!!

• Design Team
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

HI Dianne, I use the data merge function so please feel free to email/pm me your questions and I will do my best to help you. It did take me a few go's before I got the hang of it so don't stress it, we will work it out together

Button_Designer.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

JCO_PappasPizza_CollectionMini_MKTG_150. SGClub_Jul14_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_Monsterrific_ValuePack_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_BeachBlessingsCollectionMini_MKTG_15  JCO_SSAlbumMini_12x12_ValentinesWish2_MK   
My gallery
My Store

#4 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,773 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

YAY! Jo to Dianne's rescue! I'm glad to hear someone uses data merge - I need to check it out now too!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • 4,343 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Gah! One of these days I've got to get up the courage to try InDesign. I have CS5 extended, but only use Photoshop and occasionally Illustrator. I spent the money on it...I should probably know how to use it... :disappearing-smilie:

gallery_18472_66_76611.jpg

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users