Indesign Question

diannecp

I know some of you use this program. Ii don't use it for layout but I'm trying to use it to create our church directory (upgrading from a spreadsheet - LOL!) using the data merge feature. It's working, somewhat, but I'm missing something. Wondered if any of you might have experience using it in a similar way (knowing some of you are involved in church stuff) and would be willing to let me email a few ?s or chat/IM? I've tried a few other forums but not found my answer yet.

Dianne, I wish I could help! I use InDesign every day - all day - but I don't use the data merge feature - I'll play around with it though and see what I can figure out. Go ahead and pm me with your questions and let me see what I can do!

HI Dianne, I use the data merge function so please feel free to email/pm me your questions and I will do my best to help you. It did take me a few go's before I got the hang of it so don't stress it, we will work it out together

Gah! One of these days I've got to get up the courage to try InDesign. I have CS5 extended, but only use Photoshop and occasionally Illustrator. I spent the money on it...I should probably know how to use it... :disappearing-smilie:

Archived