Adobe Photoshop Cs6

ladyscrapalot

This is mostly a "just wondering why" question and not a I'm having a problem with the program" question. While I was working on the journaling on my layout, I clicked on the the font list menu (don't know the technical term lol). As I scrolled down this list I noticed that some fonts show a "sample" of what it will look like. Then some of them show what looks like Chinese writing and perhaps Arabic? Is this normal? I've never notice it before but I've only had cs6 for a little while. I knew that it should samples but the other was a surprise to me.

Yup - it's normal. I have them too. Don't ask me what they are used for, maybe one of our more tech savvy Scrap Girls can tell us. But they do come installed on MACs (not sure about PC's). If I had to guess why, I would guess that they're needed for part of the Operating System.

So I'm not sure I've been real helpful, other then telling you that its normal!

I've never downloaded Chinese or Arabic fonts but my computer has them. I think it's actually part of Adobe since the application can be installed in many languages. Just a guess though.

I have those too and haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of them - I think I have about 15 of them and I doubt that i will ever use them. Wish I could be of more help.

Archived