World Card Making Day Chat Schedule

Note: Post your World Card Making Day projects in the Printable and Digital Cards Gallery.

World Card Making Day - October 6, 2012

Chat Schedule

6:00 am EDT - Early Color Challenge

Join Shannon (tinkerbell11) and Conda (SodScrap) in the chat room for the Color Challenge Chat. We will post a color scheme on the message board to inspire your card making projects. We will be chatting about colors, cards and more! Can't wait to see you there!

10:00 am EDT - Free Mini Class- Creating and Printing Digital Greeting Cards

If you're new to digital card making or simply want ideas for easy ways to create and print folded greeting cards, join April(April Showers) at 10:00 am EDT for this free mini class.

12:00 pm EDT - Sketch Challenge

Did you ever think about using a sketch for something other than a layout? How about a card? How about several cards? Join Cheri (Cheri T) Saturday, October 6 at 12:00 pm EDT in the Scrap Girls Chat Room!

A few hours before the chat begins, Cheri will post the sketch in the forum. Use it as the starting point for your card; be inspired by the basic arrangement; flip things around or scraplift the whole thing hook, line, and sinker. All interpretations of the design are welcome and encouraged.

2:00 pm EDT - Quick Printable Cards

Need a card in a hurry? Then this chat is for you! I'll show you how easy it is to print a premade card or use the Assemble Your Own-Card sets in the boutique! Join Carla (crs) for a Quick Printable Cards chat!

4:00 pm EDT - Creating Cards with ScrapSimple Templates

Templates aren't just for layouts - they are great for card-making as well! Join Theresa (Tiza126) and Theresa (teecee) in the Scrap Girls chat room for ideas and tips on altering your favorite templates for cards.

6:00 pm EDT - Creating Colophons

Join Carla (CRS) and Gayle (Smiles) at 6:00 pm for a fun chat about colophons! A colophon is an identifying mark or emblem used by a printer or a publisher. For card makers, it is a little design on the back of the card identifying who made it. We'll have some tips about making them quickly and easily, as well as some ways you can customize them for different cards. They can be silly, pretty, signature you, or whatever suits the card. Think fun! See you in the chat room!

8:00 pm EDT - Cards aren't just for Birthdays and Christmas!

Come join Melanie(mbc72) and Theresa (tiza126) in the chat room Saturday, October 6 at 8:00 pm EDT to discuss the different life events that you may need cards for. These could include: invitations of all sorts, graduations, new address, congratulations or any number of other card giving occasions. Come share your ideas and get inspired by other scrappers.

10:00 pm EDT - Artist Trading Cards

Join Theresa (teecee) and Shannon (tinkerbell11) to learn more about Artist's Trading Cards! What are they? How do you go about designing them? Think miniature works of art. But BEWARE these little beauties are addicting so you may leave the chat with a new project you can't wait to start.

I've got a prior commitments almost all day tomorrow. A meeting from 9-3, then to our local Oktoberfest with family. Maybe I can make some evening chats. especially that ATC chat!

This is going to be great! I also found out tonight that my training session tomorrow should be done by noon, so I might be able to participate in some of this. :2468who-do-we-appreciate: I am going to miss the mini-class though. Any chance that there might be a PDF to download so I can check it out later?

I'm not sure where to post this question. Hope it's OK here.

I can't upload my card image. It's 130k jpg; title has no spaces; 600 x 434 px.

I browse to it on my hard drive, select it, it appears in the blank space. When I click submit, the file name instantly disappears.

Any ideas?