Introducing Myself

Terri M

Hi, everyone!

Since I'm trying to get out of the basement in number of posts for this month's forum game, I figure it's a good time to introduce myself.

My name is Terri and I live in New Jersey.

I am spending a few weeks at home, since I had a total knee replacement on September 10. Theoretically I have some time to follow up on the forum, not to mention actually doing some scrapbook pages, but it turns out that all the exercises the physical therapist gives me to do take up a substantial part of the day. I should have remembered that from three years ago when I had the other knee done.

I discovered digital scrapbooking this summer. I always make a photobook whenever we have a "big" vacation (and even some not-so-big) but I was looking for a way to make this year's book, from our Alaska cruise, more interesting. Digital scrapbooking lets me be creative even within the confines of my limited artistic abilities. I'm having a great time with it. I worked in Information Systems for 25 years, so the technology hook is a natural for me.

Now I work as a lay minister (pastoral associate) in a large suburban church. I love my job! I also love biking -- we've done several multi-day bike tours--, geocaching, reading and cross stitch. (Note the absence of "housework" in that list.) I've been married 36 years, and DH is getting ready to retire in 8 months....not that we're counting. I imagine life will change some when that happens. Maybe we'll be able to visit my daughter and her husband in California more often.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you all and to learning from looking at your beautiful work in the gallery.

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Terri! My sister in law lives in New Jersey and I'm in California, Where abouts does your daughter live?

My mom also had knee replacements on both knees a couple years and is now walking an hour a day. She had them done a few months a part and physical therapy was key to her recovery. But I do remember it took up most of her day.

Hope to see your layouts in the gallery! :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I'm sure you will find plenty of learning and fun. And, we will entirely enable you to continue to NOT to housework! LOL!

Check out the newsletter so you can see many beautiful layouts for inspiration as well as a daily freebie, and sometimes two!

Hi Terri, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! We're glad you're here and we'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and seeing some of your creations. :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Terri! My sister in law lives in New Jersey and I'm in California, Where abouts does your daughter live?

My mom also had knee replacements on both knees a couple years and is now walking an hour a day. She had them done a few months a part and physical therapy was key to her recovery. But I do remember it took up most of her day.

Hope to see your layouts in the gallery! :)

My daughter lives in Livermore. Her husband works at the Sandia Laboratories and she works for the DOE Genome Institute in Walnut Creek.

Apparently, commuting in the Bay Area is worse than the NY metro area, as hard as that is to believe!

- Terri

Hi, Terry and welcome. This weekend looks like a great time to start participating - check the calendar, there are many events Saturday.

I guess the longer you work at your PT, the faster you will get better and back on your bicycle! There are lots of great templates that let you do a little or a lot of your own work.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your layouts in the gallery, especially some of your 'big' vacations.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! You'll find that a lot of us are involved in church work around here. I'm currently the administrative assistant (aka secretary, treasurer, communications director, VBS coordinator, whatever the pastor needs me to do to keep him sane :D ) at a new church plant in Michigan. I can't wait to see your LOs and get to know you better around the boards.

Welcome, Terri! Thanks for introducing yourself. It's great to meet you.

I'm with you all the way with not having "housework" on your list. LOL I know what you mean about the PT. Been there, done that - more times than I care to admit.

I have a daughter in California too. She lives in Davis.

Hi there Terri! We are so happy to have you here on SG with us! Scrap Girls is the friendliest little purple place on the planet for divi-scrapping, new friends and a fabulous boutique where our designers tend to spoil us weekly with new and wonderful collections and goodies. We have an awesome team here - from out designers to layout artists and our Welcoming Committee is just the best around. We tend to be a very chatty bunch around here and we have a lot of fun!

Welcome and hope to see you around the message board a lot!

Hi Terri and welcome to Scrap Girls! I have a sister that lives in New Jersey and a few years ago she introduced my kids and I to geocaching. It is such a fun activity to do with the kids, we all love it! Looking forward to getting to know you better on the forum.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I did participate in the Simplify September game, and discovered this morning, as I was reading the newsletter, that I won one of the prizes! Wow --- that's setting expectations high, to win on my first try.

And to the couple of you who have so graciously started personal conversations with me, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how to reply.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I did participate in the Simplify September game, and discovered this morning, as I was reading the newsletter, that I won one of the prizes! Wow --- that's setting expectations high, to win on my first try.

And to the couple of you who have so graciously started personal conversations with me, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how to reply.

I am fairly new here too (within the past 18 months, so actually, not that new, I guess). But anyway, I think the forums are kind of complicated also. Don't hesitate to ask questions though. You will get the answer before you know it! Everyone here is very helpful.

Hi Terri, and welcome! I hope you'll love it here as much as I do:) And isn't that the truth, that even when you think there will be plenty of time to spend on hobbies, something else comes up and/or the time just flies by too fast, lol.

Welcome Terri to Scrap Girls. I was glad to see housework wasn't on your list of hobbies. Enjoy browsing the gallery, I look forward to seeing you creations there soon.

Archived