Siggie

ScrapGram

I got really industrious today and decided it was time for me to add a siggie. I looked up some directions I copied from here ahwile ago. Sorry I don't remember who put them on here - maybe Theresa?? Anyway I followed all the steps pretty easily, but as you can see instead of my siggie showing up, it is just the link. Here are the directions I followed. What did I do wrong?

Upload it to the Siggie Gallery ( http://scrapgirls.co...s&do=sc&cat=358)

Click on “Share Image” and copy the URL from the ‘Image Link’ box

Go to your ‘My Settings’ (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

Click on ‘Profile’ in the horizontal purple menu line

Click on ‘Change Signature‘ in the vertical left purple menu

Click down in the message section (it should be at the very start. If you are changing a Siggie, delete the old one. It will start and end with ‘’.

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene—10th one over, right before the envelope)

Right-click and Paste your new URL in the window that pops up.

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the pop-up (it should now go back to the Change Signature page).

Click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the Change Signature page.

Your new siggie should now display at the top of the page.

Brandy is right and this happens to me all the time - I cannot seem to remember to delete the extra / for some reason. (And I've also been known to holler "April, HELP!" and of course, April always comes to my rescue and helps me with it. Last time it happened, Becky figured it out for me - I KNOW how to do it, but I just draw a complete blank sometimes - Scrap girls are great about helping!

I got really industrious today and decided it was time for me to add a siggie. I looked up some directions I copied from here ahwile ago. Sorry I don't remember who put them on here - maybe Theresa?? Anyway I followed all the steps pretty easily, but as you can see instead of my siggie showing up, it is just the link. Here are the directions I followed. What did I do wrong?

Click down in the message section (it should be at the very start. If you are changing a Siggie, delete the old one. It will start and end with ‘’.

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene—10th one over, right before the envelope)

Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the pop-up (it should now go back to the Change Signature page).

Karen, I just looked at your siggie in the gallery and it looks like it isn't sized right. Here are the instructions for creating one from this post: Signatures

Making One:

Start with a 3in x 3in, 300 dpi, transparent background canvas.

Resize it to 225 x225 pixals at 72 dpi.

Save it as a png file

Does that help?

Karen, I just looked at your siggie in the gallery and it looks like it isn't sized right. Here are the instructions for creating one from this post: Signatures

Making One:

Start with a 3in x 3in, 300 dpi, transparent background canvas.

Resize it to 225 x225 pixals at 72 dpi.

Save it as a png file

Does that help?

That's the size it is. I am trying Sara and Brandy's suggestion. Hope it will work.

Looks like it didn't work. Back to the drawing board. I will go check on the size, but I know that is what I saved it at. there was a double http in the address I pasted. I must have deleted something else when I deleted that.

Love this thread. I guess I'll have to add this to my to do list! I take forEVER to get my layouts done.

At least you have some blinkies. That is next on my list. Where do I find how to do that. I searched blinkie in the forums but nothing came up. I know I have seen how to do it on here.

Aha! Success! Thanks Brandy, Sara, Theresa, and ladyscrapalot! It was the http thing. OK, now how do I add blinkies??? Like I said before, I searched blinkies in the forum search box, but didn't get anything back. I know I have see how to do it on here, but don't remember.

YEA! karen! Your siggie looks great! Maybe it was just a combination of things! LOL Honest! As long as I've been posting siggie's I still have to ask for help sometimes! Theresa knows her stuff and is always such a big help. Those little ////// thingies will get me every time though - I guess I just don't notice that I need to take one of them away!

Aha! Success! Thanks Brandy, Sara, Theresa, and ladyscrapalot! It was the http thing. OK, now how do I add blinkies??? Like I said before, I searched blinkies in the forum search box, but didn't get anything back. I know I have see how to do it on here, but don't remember.

Hi Karen, your siggie looks great!

Here's info on adding blinkies: Adding Scrap Girls Blinkies To Your Signature I also have step by step instructions. Let me know if you need them. HTH :)

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to play around with the blinkies. I need to get my recent purchases organized though. I am behind. Plus I need to leave some love on all the cards I am hearing about and I want to watch WVU play University of Texas tonight. Sorry to all you Texans, but LETS GO, MOUNTAINEERS!

Now it looks better. Thanks Theresa for telling me how to put my name on top!

Looks great Karen! Glad I was able to help you with it :)

• 8 months later...

Archived