New Hard Drive

catinkeri

Wow - it's been a LONG while since I was on here! Life really does get in the way of Scrapping!!

However, when my husband told me that he's getting me a new Hard drive and to make sure I have everything backed up I immediately thought of Scrapgirls ... so hopefully someone can help me.

I have copied over copious amounts of 'stuff' but my problem is that I have created quite a few (about fifty) actions on PS3 and I don't know how to save them to a format that I can copy over. I really don't want to have to recreate them all again once I'm up and running on my new HD but after lots of research I'm not sure how to change my actions to .ATN files so that I can save them?

Anybody able to help? Do I need to buy a new programme to do this?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey sweet girl! I can't answer your question but wanted to say how GOOD it is to see you back on SG! I've missed you, my friend! Don't be such a stranger for so long again! :) :)

Well thank you ladies! It's so wonderful being back. It's been far too long ... just wish I had more time these days. Now - off to see if I can figure out these actions ... take care ...

I was half-way through replying to this and did got a PM which side-tracked me. If you do a search for saving photoshop actions, you will find several tutorials that explain how to do it.

April, you are super :happy039: Thanks so much for including the software that you have used and currently use. Now we know what type of questions you might be able to help out with. I see a lot of posts from members that just say "sorry I don't use/know that software but someone else will be along that can help you out". This information will already let us know that and no need for a post.

Now did you just add that in the same area where you enter your name signature/siggies links? I would like to do the same as you did.

:thankyou:

Yep, I figured it out :thanks:

Just Save the Action set (upper-right corner menu, "Save Actions" You can save and copy them, or just save directly to the new EHD. Then clean out your Preset manager for your "old" actions. Choose "Load Actions" and "find" yours on the EHD. You'll be all set.

Thank you so much ladies! This is why I LOVE Scrapgirls ... and why I miss being able to visit it every day!! I must make time to come back and see everyone ...

Thank you for all of your help! My EHD is happening today so I'm all excited!!

Archived