No Styles Instructions

notsosavvy

Here is a thread on how to install styles in PSE10:

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/54679-installing-styles-pse-10/page__p__1032131__hl__install+styles+in+pse__fromsearch__1#entry1032131

Thread #5 contains a link to a helpful (free) eBook from Scrap Girls that contains more helpful info. :)

Does this help?

Thank you for the suggestions. I downloaded the e-book and then followed the instructions for Styles and tried them in PSE7. I copied and pasted and then deleted the media database and then opened PSE and it rebuilt the database,but where are the styles? I cant find them,in seven there is no effects and layer styles options,under just layer styles,it is grayed out Is it all different because I have windows 7 ?

Thank you for the suggestions. I downloaded the e-book and then followed the instructions for Styles and tried them in PSE7. I copied and pasted and then deleted the media database and then opened PSE and it rebuilt the database,but where are the styles? I cant find them,in seven there is no effects and layer styles options,under just layer styles,it is grayed out Is it all different because I have windows 7 ?

It almost sounds like you don't have any thing there to apply a style to. Do you have a document opened? Try this: Open a new document 12x12 inches at 300 ppi. Add an embellishment or type a word. In the effects palette under the EFFECTS tab, click on the second icon (when you hover over it it will say Layer Styles). Then click on the drop down box to view the styles. From the drop down menu, click on the style you want to apply. Be sure the layer you want to apply the style to is active, then click on the "Apply" button. Does this help?

Are you sure your Effects palette is opened? Under the EFFECTS tab, you should see 4 icons: Filters, Layer Styles, Photo Effects, and All. Then there is a dropdown box with a small down arrow.

Did you click on the dropdown box where the down arrow is? You should at least be seeing the PSE default styles - Drop Shadows, Glass Buttons, Image Effects, Inner Glows, etc.

Yes the drop shadows are there and the small arrow that lists the bevels and glass etc,but when I click on the second button that says styles, I get nothing.

Sorry, but I don't understand what second button that says styles you mean. Do you see the list of the style names? Can you click on one of the style names, (maybe glass buttons) and see the different glass button colors come up in the list, then click on one of the colors and click on "Apply"?

If you can see the styles in the drop down list, you don't need to click on the layer styles icon for anything.

Try scrolling down to the bottom of the styles list and clicking on Show All. All of the styles that are installed will come up in the list. Then see if you see the shadow styles you installed. They will be listed in alphabetical order by the designer's initials. Let me know if this works.

EDIT:

Now if you are able to find the styles you installed when you click on "Show All", do this:

Close PSE and delete the ThumbDatabase.db3 file. For PSE 7 on Windows 7 I think this is the path:

C:>Program Data>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>7.0

Then re-start PSE and let it rebuild the database again.

Now when you click on the styles drop down, the styles you installed should show in the list without having to go to "Show All"

HTH

OOOOh!!! Thank you soooo much. That did it. They are all there.Again I really appreciate all your help. Now I can call it a day. It is 10:30pm here in Okla. You all have a great day tomorrow.

YIPPEE!! So glad you got it to work!! :)

Archived