Is It Possible To Sort My Wish List? finding and removing duplicates
Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:28 PM
Plus is it possible to prevent this happening in the future or will it always happen if something is already on my list and I add it again?
Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:53 AM
Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 AM
Perhaps that is why you can have more than one list, although not sure what you do if you have a list for type and theme it could start getting really confusing!
When I moved all the items I want from bookmarks to the wishlist I had some issues and it looked like items hadn't been added so I tried again (and again and again in some cases). But it is also possible I've added some again just browsing the boutique or after looking after some layouts in the forum.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:38 PM
- Copy all text from wish list
- Paste special into Excel as text
- Add new row 1 and add column header e.g. type and title
- Apply filter and filter on column A for product type (should now have just titles for each item)
- Sort column B in alphabetic order (this will enable you to see which titles are included more than once)
- On wish list do text search for duplicate titles and delete all but one of each title
Instead of sorting column B I actually used a pivot table to only show which items were duplicated, but didn't want to scare people off. However it did give me some interesting information. I originally had 406 items on my list and had duplicates for 78 of them. My list is now down to 281 items (not that short ). I had two items duplicated 6 times!