5 replies to this topic

#1 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I tried to install my shadows biggie into PSE 10,but it does not even show up under Adobe.Only pse7How is that? I am trying to learn 10,but don't use it all the time.How do I get it to show up as a program so I can put the styles there?

#2 ValerieT

ValerieT

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

It is possible the two versions of PSE are conflicting with each other. You aren't really meant to have more than one version installed, but having said that I know others here have had more than one version installed with no problems.

Have you added anything, or updated anything since it stopped working? I know sometimes a windows update can cause a program to stop working, at least for me it has, and doing a system restore fixed it.

Right now the best thing I can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall it or do a system restore back to when it was working, but I suggest you wait and see if anyone has any other solution first.

gallery_22902_66_83438.png

BLINKIES_UK.gif   Button_Layout.png   SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif    Button_Welcome.png  SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#3 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

PSE 10 still works. I can open it and do what ever I want,I just can't find it in the path to Adobe to install the shadows. That is where only 7 shows up. I have PSP 8 and it is there,but not PSE 10

#4 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,736 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Have you tried searching for the 10.0 folder? If I'm following you that's the one you can't find. It will take a while, and churn up a lot of unrelated stuff, but it might work.

It does sound like a conflict, short of uninstalling I don't know what to suggest.

gallery_22902_66_83438.png

BLINKIES_UK.gif   Button_Layout.png   SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif    Button_Welcome.png  SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#5 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out and keep looking. I may have to reinstall

#6 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,273 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I don't have PSE 10, so I'm not sure, but you could try this path:

Start > Computer > Local Disk (C:) > ProgramData > Adobe >Photoshop Elements >10.0 >Photo Creations > layer styles

Once you do get them installed, you will need to remember to go back and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 and ThumbDatabase.db.3 files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users