Pse 10

notsosavvy

It is possible the two versions of PSE are conflicting with each other. You aren't really meant to have more than one version installed, but having said that I know others here have had more than one version installed with no problems.

Have you added anything, or updated anything since it stopped working? I know sometimes a windows update can cause a program to stop working, at least for me it has, and doing a system restore fixed it.

Right now the best thing I can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall it or do a system restore back to when it was working, but I suggest you wait and see if anyone has any other solution first.

Have you tried searching for the 10.0 folder? If I'm following you that's the one you can't find. It will take a while, and churn up a lot of unrelated stuff, but it might work.

It does sound like a conflict, short of uninstalling I don't know what to suggest.

I don't have PSE 10, so I'm not sure, but you could try this path:

Start > Computer > Local Disk (C:) > ProgramData > Adobe >Photoshop Elements >10.0 >Photo Creations > layer styles

Once you do get them installed, you will need to remember to go back and delete the MediaDatabase.db3 and ThumbDatabase.db.3 files.

Archived