Thursday Challenge 10/11

tiza126

Did anybody notice today's date? 10-11-12! Pretty cool :)

So who's ready for a challenge? This was inspired by yesterday's newsletter tutorial on photo extractions by Jody. If you haven't checked out the tutorial yet, here is a link to the newsletter: http://www.scrapgirls.com/NL/SG_News_121010_Wed_Extract.html

For today's challenge, I want you to complete a photo extraction.

You can follow Jody's tutorial, or use your own tried-and-true method.

When you complete your layout, post it to the General Message Board Challenges Gallery and share the link in this thread so we can all see your creation!

Cool on the date, although in the UK we write our dates, day first, then month. So this won't happen for us until next month.

Love your challenge Tiza, I don't do enough extractions, I really need to find time to have a go at this.

I found Jody's method looks a good one to try as the method I use is fairly time consuming. I would love to join in on this challenge but have so many other pressing things happening in my life right now.... but you never know I might squeeze in some time to do this one.

Well, I didn't extract a photo, but I did extract a flower from the background paper. I wanted a pink one and Jen only provided us with a purple one. It will take a few more tries before I decide for sure, but I think I might like this technique better than what I've been doing. :)

Here's mine: Prayer Journal

BTW, this was printed out and glued to a composition book as part of the small group at church called "God's Good Gifts." It's a scrapbooking/Bible study curriculum from Group publishing.

Archived