Photos Cleared From Camera Card

KayMitch

Oh my gosh I have just cleared the card from my camera and now realize that I don't have copies of the photos. I'm sure I read a post a while back about retrieving the photos as long as I haven't taken more photos over them. Please tell me this is true and if it is, how do I go about getting them? I hope some one is able to help me. I'm off to bed now so will check in tomorrow. thankyou. Kay

Did you delete them while in the camera or with the computer? That does make a difference. I really hope you're successful recovering them.

When I have deleted them from the computer, I can get them off the card by importing through Lightroom. I only know this because I've had a bazillion photos from the entire year that I'd definitely deleted show up with a Lightroom import. And while I like Lightroom, it isn't the way I usually upload my photos. They never show up in Lightroom if I deleted photos from the camera menu.

And my little helpful hint for the future. I never clear a camera card until I know the photo has not only been downloaded, but also backed up. I really hope you can get the photos off the card.

Oh no, that is awful. I have never tried to recover pictures from a memory card before, I am going to keep that link for future reference. This year I've really focussed on getting into the habit of downloading my pictures straight away, but I recently found a whole bundle I'd forgotten about.

I hope you have good luck with the recovery.

Hi Kay

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you are having this trouble - I know how upsetting it is.

Here is something I found on Amazon once and it was recommended in a magazine I was reading.

I never did buy or use it and don't know if it even would be available in Australia, but maybe reading about it might help you find something similar that could help you?

Good luck.

KLIX photo retrieval

Good morning all you special helpful people. Thank you Valerie, that was the post I was thinking of. Also thankyou for your suggestion Marilyn. Laura I did erase them from my Camera, not the computer so maybe I won't have any luck. I am so fastidious about saving my photos and backing them up that I don't keep many on my camera so thankfully there are only a couple I really need to replace. I may not even try to get them, I'm just furious that this happened when I am so careful. The photos were just a few from my new grandsons arrival home. I'm sure I downloaded them onto the computer but maybe when I've put them in a folder, some had the same number and were replaced by others of the same.. Usually you are asked about that though. I'll have to have athink about whether I can justify the cost of the software to try. April I don't think I have Lightroom on my computer. Thank you all for your concern and help. There were only a couple of special photos so maybe I'll just try and get over it. Scrap Girls are so helpful and supportive. Kay

Edited Post............OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I've found them on my back up EHD. OMG, OMG. I thought I'd downloaded them but couldn't find them in my panic late last night. Oh thank you, thank you everyone for your wonderful help. Good lesson learned. Hugs to all. Kay

Thank you Scrap Girls for sharing my excitement, and my pain.. I always thought I was super careful but just another lesson to heed. You would have thought I'd won the lotto when I found the photos. Before then I kept telling myself, "This won't change your Life" We scrappers are another breed. Kay

Archived