Pse11 Work Space

lorac

I've been playing with PSE11 trial version and I have another question. How do you enlarge the work space? In PSE10 and earlier versions, when I brought up a new blank doc it took up the majority of the work space. Now in PSE11 it only takes up a portion and leaves a large area to the left grey. Here is a print screen of what it looks like.

As you can see, the grey area to the left is what I am talking about. When I watched some videos from PSE Magazine, there is no grey area the work space is filled up with the layout that they are working on. I also emailed them and I'm waiting for their reply.

Hi Carol, I'm not sure, but I think you might want to try: Edit>Preferences>General and be sure the box is checked next to Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode. Does that help?

Have you tried double clicking on the hand tool?

No I haven't. I'm always afraid to click on things that I don't know what they will do for fear of not getting back to my original settings. What does the hand tool do?

Hi Carol,

I think maybe this is what Belle might be referring to - in PSE 11, with your layout opened, click once on the Hand Tool (shortcut H), be sure it's the Hand Tool at the top of the tools palette and not the Burn Tool, which also looks like a hand. After you've clicked on the Hand Tool, you'll see 4 icons near the bottom of the screen in the tool options area: 1:1, Fit Screen, Fill Screen, and Print Size. If you click on the Fill Screen icon, the layout will fill the screen. Is this what you are looking for?

Archived