Slooooow Scrap

ValerieT

Are you up for a Slooooow Scrap? Well maybe not that slow, we will build our layout task by task, day by day. Each day I will post a task for you to do on a layout. When your task is completed, you will post your layout thus far in your replies to this thread BEFORE the next task is posted the following day. If you miss a day you may still participate but will not be eligible for the prize.

The most challenging part is this: once you have posted your page thus far, you may not change the position or appearance of anything on the page.

Instead of having 6 versions of each page in the anniversary gallery, we'd like you to place your first 5 versions as an attachment here in your posts on this thread. Here's how:

1. be sure you have saved your layout as a PSD file first.

2. Save your images as a .JPEG at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to the file you just created on your computer, then upload.

4. Then click the "add to post" button.

For the final day 6, completed layout, upload in the Anniversary gallery for all to see!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 1

Start a new layout in your preferred size. Place one photo on your page. You may crop it, enlarge it, present it as a circle – that's all good. Think carefully about placement; once you post your page thus far you may not change them later!

AND Place 4 papers on your page. You probably need a background paper, maybe your photo needs a mat, maybe you want a border...the 4 papers can be any amount, any shape. We must be able to see them somewhere; they cannot be hidden.

Don't forget; you must post your page thus far before Task 2 is posted at 9am Eastern Time tomorrow morning! Post your layout in your reply on this forum thread. Please do not post your unfinished pages in the gallery.

This challenge could be just what I need as my first challenge and yet me moving again as I haven't done any scrapping in the last week (since returning to work). Hope to find a picture once I get home.

Out of interest what is the difference between Eastern Time and current time in UK? Sorry my phone doesn't do time zones just cities, is New York ET?

This challenge could be just what I need as my first challenge and yet me moving again as I haven't done any scrapping in the last week (since returning to work). Hope to find a picture once I get home.

Out of interest what is the difference between Eastern Time and current time in UK? Sorry my phone doesn't do time zones just cities, is New York ET?

Glad you're joining in Kate.

We are 5 hours ahead of Eastern time, I will be posting each new task just after 2pm our time.

Are you up for a Slooooow Scrap? Well maybe not that slow, we will build our layout task by task, day by day. Each day I will post a task for you to do on a layout. When your task is completed, you will post your layout thus far in your replies to this thread BEFORE the next task is posted the following day. If you miss a day you may still participate but will not be eligible for the prize.

The most challenging part is this: once you have posted your page thus far, you may not change the position or appearance of anything on the page.

Instead of having 6 versions of each page in the anniversary gallery, we'd like you to place your first 5 versions as an attachment here in your posts on this thread. Here's how:

2. Save your images as a .JPEG at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to the file you just created on your computer, then upload.

For the final day 6, completed layout, upload in the Anniversary gallery for all to see!

Hi Valerie, I'm not using Photoshop,.i cannot save my layout as PSD. any alternative aside from PSD file?

Hi Valerie, I'm not using Photoshop,.i cannot save my layout as PSD. any alternative aside from PSD file?

All you need to do is save it as a layered file before you change the size of it, so you can do the next task tomorrow. Are you using Craft Artist? If you are save it as a Craft Artist Project, you will then be able to work on it again.

All you need to do is save it as a layered file before you change the size of it, so you can do the next task tomorrow. Are you using Craft Artist? If you are save it as a Craft Artist Project, you will then be able to work on it again.

Yes, I'm using craft artist, okay i will.thanks a lot

Glad you're joining in Kate.

We are 5 hours ahead of Eastern time, I will be posting each new task just after 2pm our time.

Hi Kate, yes New York is Eastern Time. :)

I wanna play! I won't be able to do Friday's task until Saturday, but I won't peek ahead until it's done ;)

Here is Day 1: I used 1 photo of Buddy and ran Sarah's Stacked Photos Action on it. Then I used 4 papers...1 for the purple background, 1 for the strip behind the photos, and blended 2 together (black and a newspaper print).

Okay, here's my beginning. I used 4 papers from Laura Louie's Boy Joy Collection and a photo of my youngest's first day of school. I'm using a template, so I posted two versions. One has all of the template pieces still intact, and the other is just the photo and the papers, just in case I modify the other pieces of the template or they don't fit the next steps..

Here is my first layout. I've used a picture of my daughter on her first go on a sailing dinghy and Commotion collection.

This was challenging for me as I'm what my company call 'blue', I like to have all the information before I start anything. But that should mean it is good development for me ...

Okay, here's my beginning. I used 4 papers from Laura Louie's Boy Joy Collection and a photo of my youngest's first day of school. I'm using a template, so I posted two versions. One has all of the template pieces still intact, and the other is just the photo and the papers, just in case I modify the other pieces of the template or they don't fit the next steps..

Very smart, Monica!

Looking good Everyone!

This sounds like a fun challenge. I have a full week, so I hope I am able to keep up! Here is mine. I used 4 papers from Brandy Murray's Blessed Be Collection.

This sounds like a fun challenge. I have a full week, so I hope I am able to keep up! Here is mine. I used 4 papers from Brandy Murray's Blessed Be Collection.

This looks so pretty. I love your choice of papers to go with your photo.

Archived