Router Problems

SallyA

I'm not even sure which topic to post this in but I need help. I've bought two different routers - a Belkin and a Netgear. I'm having the same problem with both of them and I don't know what to do. I got the Netgear first then I thought it was broken so I bought the Belkin.

Continually during the day my router will become disconnected. So, I have to unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine for about 30-45 minutes then off it goes again.

You are all way more "tech savvy" than I am so I thought I'd post this problem here and see if anyone has any idea what to do about it.

Thanks in advance!!!!

We have a similar problem here. Our's is a wireless router and we get interference from our neighbours router, we have to make sure ours is on a different channel to our neighbours, bit of guess work. Our router was supplied by our internet provider and when it stops working, if you open the internet a special page opens that allows you to change the settings.

Other electrical equipment can interfere with it as well, it's position can make a difference.

I don't know if this will help, but I hope you get it fixed soon.

My router is provided by our internet provider and it did this same thing for a long time too. I had re-set it on a daily basis and finally, of all things, I moved it from the desk to the floor and it hasn't gone out on it's own for the past year or so! I don't know what moving it to the floor did because I'm not at all tech-savvy, but.....it worked! :) Now, of course, it goes out when cable goes down and I do have to re-set it then most of the time.

Archived