Anniverary Siggy Chat With Valerie And Jody

jode2771

Join Valerie (valerietuff3) and Jody (jode2771) for an Anniversary Siggy Challenge. Come learn how to make a custom signature in honour of Scrap Girls 8th Anniversary. We'll also review the steps to add your new Siggy to your Forum:

Here's the Challenge

Add one flower

Add one ribbon

Add at least 3 more embellishments

Make your name from a font and an alpha

Use purple - this is Scrap Girls after all!!!

Simple huh!?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max size of Siggy for posting at SG: 225 x 225 pixels

Format: PNG (allows transparency)

Upload: to the Anniversary 2012 Gallery and be sure to credit the items you used

Once your layout is up this is how you add it to your signature:

1. Click on “Share Image” and copy the URL from the ‘Image Link’ box

2. Go to your ‘My Settings’ (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

3. Click on ‘Profile’ in the horizontal purple menu line

4. Click on ‘Change Signature‘ in the vertical left purple menu

5. If you are changing a Siggy, delete the old one, in the Edit Signature Box.

6. Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene)

7. Right-click and Paste your new URL in the window that pops up.

8. Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the pop-up.

9. Click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the Edit Signature Box

Your new Siggy should now display at the top of the page

Simple huh!?!!? Thanksfor joining in!

Thanks Sherry Lynn for answering Ann! Yes, I am following format and sticking with eastern US times, not mine hee hee

And Valerie is right, she has kept it simple so we can all have FUN!!!

See you in a few hours :-)

Thanks Sherry Lynn for answering Ann! Yes, I am following format and sticking with eastern US times, not mine hee hee

And Valerie is right, she has kept it simple so we can all have FUN!!!

See you in a few hours :-)

Your new siggie looks fabulous, Jody! So pretty!

Are we supposed to make a siggie BEFORE the chat to critique or wait until after the chat?

Wait until after the chat, Sara, I have a little challenge for you, don't worry it's not hard.

Are we supposed to make a siggie BEFORE the chat to critique or wait until after the chat?

Wait until after the chat, Sara, I have a little challenge for you, don't worry it's not hard.

Thanks, Val..........love those little challenges! :):)

Will you be posting in this thread the "little challenge" for those of us stuck at work at this hour?

Will you be posting in this thread the "little challenge" for those of us stuck at work at this hour?

Yes we will be posting, in this thread, the challenge after the chat. Sorry you're stuck at work.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! I missed the chat! I set my alarm on my phone so I would remember. I made a cup of coffee and set back down at my desk and went to the chat room...but it wouldn't load. :( I REALLY shouldn't have been chatting because I'm at work...but I was going to sneak in...I need a new siggy!! I took it as a sign that I was supposed to work instead of chat. :(

Looks like a fun challenge...I will see what I can do.

Here's my siggy. Still doesn't look as big as previous ones that I did. Don't know what is wrong. I followed the directions, but......

My link

Hi Carol, first, when you start to create, do you use a 3x3 (or 4x4) inch transparent document at 300 dpi and fill the space with your elements? I use 3x3 and I make sure the items pretty much fill up the space.

Next, go to Image>Resize>Image Size. Change the resolution first to 72 pixels/inch. Then under pixel dimensions in the top section of the box change the width to 225 pixels (the height should automatically change to 225 pixels when you change the width) Just be sure you are changing the pixel dimensions in the top section of the box and and not the document size in the bottom section.

Then save as a png file. I've always used this link as my reference and it always works for me: Signature Graphic HTH

Here's my siggy. Still doesn't look as big as previous ones that I did. Don't know what is wrong. I followed the directions, but......

My link

Hi Carol, first, when you start to create, do you use a 3x3 (or 4x4) inch transparent document at 300 dpi and fill the space with your elements? I use 3x3 and I make sure the items pretty much fill up the space.

Next, go to Image>Resize>Image Size. Change the resolution first to 72 pixels/inch. Then under pixel dimensions in the top section of the box change the width to 225 pixels (the height should automatically change to 225 pixels when you change the width) Just be sure you are changing the pixel dimensions in the top section of the box and and not the document size in the bottom section.

Then save as a png file. I've always used this link as my reference and it always works for me: Signature Graphic HTH

That is exactly what I do. Yet when I look at other SGs siggies their size is 76.64kb, 40.29kb and mine is 23.67kb. I guess I'll just be happy with what I've got. Thanks!

I'm loving everyone's new siggies. Thanks to all who came to the chat.

If anyone needs any help, Just post in this thread or the main forum, and someone will help you.

My link

That is exactly what I do. Yet when I look at other SGs siggies their size is 76.64kb, 40.29kb and mine is 23.67kb. I guess I'll just be happy with what I've got. Thanks!

Both myself and April have put a note on your siggy in the gallery. We think you need to crop your image to get rid of the spare space before you resize it. You only want a very small border of white space around your image. This may help.

Archived