So Many Freebies

tinkerbell11

So I was thinking since it is our anniversary here at Scrap Girls we could do a super freebie challenge, not just a regular one!!! I don't know about you but I know I have a HUGE freebie folder, and more than half the items in it have never made it on to a page. Well today that needs to change I want you to use your freebies! Let's see how many you can use on a page at one time???? For each freebie you use on your completed page I will enter your name in a random drawing for a prize, and if you attend the Freebie chat tonight you will get another entry too! (chat is at 10pm EDT)

Have fun everyone and USE those Freebies!!!!

PLEASE POST HOW MANY FREEBIES AND THERE DESCRIPTION IN THE GALLERY DESCRIPTION OF YOUR LAYOUT, YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 12AM EDT TO POST YOUR LAYOUT, LEAVE A LINK IN THIS THREAD!!! (So if you use six make sure there are six SPECIAL products listed in your description and so on, and you get 6 entries to win a fun prize!!)

Just going through my download folder and realized that my freebies don't go to a folder all it's own - wondering how (I'm on a Mac) you all get your freebies to go to a certain folder? When I download, it doesn't ask me where I want things to go - just automatically goes to the big download folder.

Anyone?

What a great idea for a challenge! I currently have 443 freebies in my ScrapGirls freebies folder, and those are just from the last year and a few months. Prior to that I used to sort my stash, including freebies, by category (buttons, journal pieces, papers, etc).

Sara, I have a routine of manually transferring items from my Download folder to wherever I want the items sorted (I sort by store and designer for the most part now, though I have just been throwing SG freebies in one folder as I said). I organized this way when I used PC and continued when I switched to Mac last year. I know on the PC you can change which folder downloads go into, but I didn't feel the need to change it on the Mac. Because I'd want my downloads to be sorted into many different folders anyway. The downloads folder is like a holding place until I get a chance to sort.

p.s. I will NOT try to use all 443 freebies in one layout. The would be the biggest challenge ever, though, wouldn't it?laugh.gif

Now I've got a problem with this challenge! I file all my freebies along with everything else, so it's not easy to find them straight away. But I like a challenge so off I go......

Most (if not all) of the freebies have SPECIAL as part of the file name... could you do a file search?

Just going through my download folder and realized that my freebies don't go to a folder all it's own - wondering how (I'm on a Mac) you all get your freebies to go to a certain folder? When I download, it doesn't ask me where I want things to go - just automatically goes to the big download folder.

Anyone?

Sara- I don't know, but I know that on my computer (windows based) they don't either. I actually organize them myself to be that way.

Anyone?

Sara when I download the freebies each day I then put them in a special "Freebie" folder! If I had unzipped and organized them all the SG freebies have special in the name so you can search for them that way ?

Now I've got a problem with this challenge! I file all my freebies along with everything else, so it's not easy to find them straight away. But I like a challenge so off I go......

They should all have Special in the name/description you could do a search that way!? I could on my PC with visita.

Anyone?

Sara when I download the freebies each day I then put them in a special "Freebie" folder! If I had unzipped and organized them all the SG freebies have special in the name so you can search for them that way ?

Thanks, Shannon - I think I can find most of them that way - it's just scrolling through those umpteen million files to do it but I'm working on it!

Thanks, sweetie!

well since most of my ScrapGirls are freebies, I have to just weed out the few kits I've purchased this year and see what I have left. I don't keep them listed by freebie status though, as I organize all my supplies by website_designer_kit...freebies included. This could be interesting, although most of the pages I've done so far for 8th anniversary event would qualify for this event. LOL

Archived