Blenders 2013 Calendars

okiebug

I purchased the 2013 blenders to make calendars for christmas gifts. I have used Photoshop for years but the blendars are throwing me for a loop. Do I use those layers to select and delete from my photograph, background like a QP for the photography to be under. just need some information on these. Also the layes that have flowers like May? Would appreciate all the help. Thanks

You just clip papers or photos to the layers. If you are using PSE place your photo or paper on a new layer above the blender layer you want to use and right click and choose make clipping mask ......or you can use the shortcut (Hold down control+G) (control+alt+G for CS users)

Angie made a great booklet on using all of the scrapsimple things called : Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook). If you don't have it, you should grab it because it has step by step instructions with photos. Photos always help me. I hope this helps get you started! Let us know if you get stuck!

• 1 month later...

I have questions about this product also. So i'd use the blender layer to clip a photo too, right? What do I do with al the other pieces/layers - i.e. on the January one - the "Edge" pieces? And do you add a paper background somewhere? If so, do you duplicate it or stretch it out so it covers the whole 11x17 area? And I guess I need to erase away any hard edges of the photos that are caught by the blender layer? I've used SS templates before but this one is throwing me for some reason.

Thanks! I'm still stuck on January!

I am so sorry you are having trouble Dianne. You use the background on the last layer and clip coordinating papers to the edges around your photo. I duplicated some of may papers and moved them down to cover the larger area. The edge can be hidden behind the days in most cases. You can stretch some... but be careful, if you do it too much it will distort the paper.

Here's a tip...if your photo won't cover the whole area and it is too small to enlarge it (I enlarge a lot of my photos and they turn out fine) Use a soft brush to erase away part of the mask (after you clip your photo to it). Yo can use the basic Photoshop soft edge brush or a grunge brush. I used the Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders to make those masks, so you could use that for a good match.

I hope that helps some!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the proper place, but how do I go about contacting the designer for the Blenders 2013 calendars (which I love btw). There is a mistake in November for Thanksgiving. It shows it to be on the 21st but it is on the 28th. :)

Thanks in advance,

I am not sure if this is the proper place, but how do I go about contacting the designer for the Blenders 2013 calendars (which I love btw). There is a mistake in November for Thanksgiving. It shows it to be on the 21st but it is on the 28th. :)/>/>

Thanks in advance,

The designer is Brandy Murry. Just click on the Send Me a Message icon below her photo on her profile page or the PM This Member icon below her photo in this post

I'm working on three calendars right now using the templates and I love how I can turn layers off and on depending on my needs. I do what Brandy says and use a brush to either add to or subtract from the masks. I also move some of the edge masks so they suit my layout. I've added styles to some of the layers with really nice results. So far they are looking great.

I am not sure if this is the proper place, but how do I go about contacting the designer for the Blenders 2013 calendars (which I love btw). There is a mistake in November for Thanksgiving. It shows it to be on the 21st but it is on the 28th. smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

A Big thanks to Janie..I msut have been looking at another year when I did that.....I try to be so careful and there it is....LOL

I will get that changed right away. In the mean time you can move that layer down if you need to keep going. I'll get that replacement done right away and anyone can re-download the correct version.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I have a question about printing. My printer won't let me split the 11x17 file, it wants to scale it or cut off half the calendar. Can I go to a Kinko's with psd files and have them print the 11x17 in two 8.5x11 and them bind it?

I have a feeling Kinkos will want .jpg files. Just go to save as, and scroll down to .jpg for the file option.

I have a question about printing. My printer won't let me split the 11x17 file, it wants to scale it or cut off half the calendar. Can I go to a Kinko's with psd files and have them print the 11x17 in two 8.5x11 and them bind it?

thanks so much. i'm almost finished and i was beginning to panic if i would be able to use the calendar. it's great.

Archived