Hello From Colorado!

j1&j7animales

:clapping_kitty: Hi,

Hi all!! My name is Kit...hence the hello kitty.

I am new to all this digital scrapbooking and what you have online is beautiful & amazing!! I love all of the styles but I am stuck at the very beginning with the downloads for a mac? I have tried opening them in my downloads file but they just end up going on my desktop as file folders? So if someone can please give me some instructions I would very much appreciate!![/font] :clapping_kitty:

Welcome to Scrap Girls Kit! We are so happy to have you here. :)

I believe macs automatically extract the files, so you should just be able to open the folders to use the products. We have lots and lots of mac users that will be able to help you with your question. I am not one of them though!

Welcome to Scrap Girls :waving-hi:, can't wait to get to know you better.

I don't use a Mac, but are you able to move the file folder from the desktop to an other location.

As April said, there are loads of Mac users here, so someone should be able to help you better than I can.

Welcome, Kit! I'm not a mac user, either, but if the folders are on your desktop, you should be able to put them somewhere else. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum & gallery. Your timing is great, as this is our anniversary week and there will be lots of fun activities - check the calendar (tab at the top of the page) and/or keep an eye on the forum page - the hostess will put a message on the board a little before each chat.

HI Kit - Welcome to Scrap Girls! I love your little Hello Kitty! I'm a mac user and this is what I've found. When you click on the download link it will show at the bottom of the window what is downloading. Once it is finished you can just click on that file and the bottom of the download window and it will open the file in Finder in your Download File. From there you can move them to where ever you'd like on you computer. I hope this helps!

Hi Kit and welcome to the best place on the planet. looking forward to getting to know you better.

I am a Mac user, LOVE my Mac, and it's really easy. the files will unzip once they have downloaded and, on my mac, they download into the...downloads file. from there I put them into my ScrapGirls folder and within that folder I have different categories....collections, papers, scrapsimple (that's our wonderful 'make this your own' selection of digital scrapbooking products) etc. I then place my files in their correct places...eg: if I download a collection, it will go in my collections folder, if I just download a paper product, they will go in the papers folder, etc.

you can then open your programme of choice for scrapping, I use photoshop, and start using the products you have downloaded.

download this wonderful FREE e-book on how to digital scrapbook and it should help you get started:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/15-things-you-need-to-know-to-become-a-great-digital-scrapbooker-free-starter-ebook-p5301.php

feel free to ask as many questions as you need, there will always be someone wonderful to come along and help you out

font="Georgia"]You've happened upon the best place to learn, upload beautiful digi-scrapping designs and ask questions. Welcome to Scrapgirls ... from a Scrapgirl in WY![[/font]

Welcome, Kit!

I am rather new myself, but just love it here. Don't be afraid to jump right in, to ask questions or to post. Everyone is very nice...this is the best forum I've joined! Hope you feel at home here very soon!

Archived