#1 John2012

John2012

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi,
I've been using a 5 year old scrapbooking program, and I think it's kind of getting old in the tooth. The newer scrapbooking programs seem to have better features. I was wondering if someone here could recommend one?

Looking at the review sites, it seems that Memory Mixer and My Memory Suite are the top ones. But they're both pretty expensive, like around $30-$40. Photoshop Elements would be way out of my budget! I'm trying to save money for 12x12 prints. Have you come across something cheaper, but still has much of the same features?

The features I'm most interested in:

1. Export to high 300 DPI jpegs and PDF's.
2. Good mix of border/frames for photos
3. Good mix of photo effects
4. Being able to rotate/resize photos on a 12"x12" sheet without distortion

I don't care too much about the number of included themes and backgrounds. I usually find those online that fit the content anyways.

Thanks for any advice. I'm just getting back into photography.

#2 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi John!

Welcome to Scrap Girls! Around here a good many of us use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I know a couple of girls use other software, but I'm not sure which ones. If you're looking for inexpensive, you might check into GIMP. It's a free (can't get any better than that, right?) share ware program that is pretty robust. My students used it, when I was still teaching, as a way to introduce them to digital graphics without an up front cost. There are a few girls that will come along eventually that use it and can give you better details w/regards to scrapbooking.

Hope this helps. And again, Welcome!

gallery_18472_304_721.gif

SGblinkie.gif

WT-Button-copy.gif SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#3 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,627 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi John, welcome to Scrap Girls! Like Monica, I was going to suggest GIMP. After all, it is free. I don't know much about it, but we do have a few members here who use it regularly. I guess it would be worth a try, anyway. :)

#4 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,719 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I use Photoshop so I can't help you with other software recommendations. I was going to suggest you check out Gimp, but I see others beat me to it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users