Word Scramble Game

tiza126

Game time!! I hope you have your thinking caps on!! idea-013.gif We're going to play a little word game...

How many words can you create from the letters in the following phrase:

Eighth Anniversary Party

Note: Only words 3 letters and longer will be counted.

Email your word lists to games@scrapgirls.com by midnight EDT tonight. I will verify the word lists and post a winner tomorrow morning. One lucky winner will receive a $8.88 GC to the boutique!!

:dancingelephant:

Good luck and have fun!

Fine Print: In order to keep this a fun & fair game, please refrain from using any online word tools. I know there are countless Scrabble & Words With Friends word finders on the internet. If too many lists look like they obviously used an online helper, I will pick the winner by random, rather than by the number of words.

Just sent mine in - I'm sure there were more words that I didn't put down! Didn't think about adding the s's to the ends of my words! :disappearing-smilie:

And I didn't use anything online - didn't cross my mind til I read it, Tiza! :) :) Don't think I knew that was available online! Fun game!

Oh my goodness! There are SO many words in there...I could do this all day. DH might not like that too much though. And the math group I do at the school wouldn't like it either. And I have to get a new driver's license today....SHEESH! Why can't these things come around when I have absolutely NOTHING to do. Oh ya! I don't have any days like that. giggle_bear.gif

And I didn't use anything online - didn't cross my mind til I read it, Tiza! :) :) Don't think I knew that was available online! Fun game!

The thought hadn't crossed my mind initially either, until a member sent me a PM alerting me to those websites. I hate to think that any Scrap Girls would use those tools just to guarantee a win. Ruins the fun :(

The thought hadn't crossed my mind initially either, until a member sent me a PM alerting me to those websites. I hate to think that any Scrap Girls would use those tools just to guarantee a win. Ruins the fun :(

It sure would ruin the fun! I stewed and pondered and thought and thunk and had a good 'ole time making words - right from my pea-sized brain! LOL

Thanks!

I love these games too! I might have to give it a try and see how my list compares to all of yours!!

I could have kept going! But I was so afraid I'd put it aside and then forget to send it in! It was fun just trying and it's like a big dose of vitamins for the brain working it! :) :)

OMG (and I can say that because my dd isn't here to tell me I'm too old to use it!!) that was sooooooooooooo much fun! One word leads to another.... wow, I have gotten nothing done this morning.... gotta go!!!

Thanks tho, for a great time! I'm gonna pull that Boggle game back out!

Wow! I kept thinking of more and more and more. But I have other things to do, so I stopped. Thanks for the fun!

I keep doing the same thing Michele --- I started out trying to alphabetize mine and that kind of flew out the window LOL! I saved my list and went to the bank, got some groceries and a poo poo platter for supper AND when I got back I couldn't stop myself I opened my list back up and started in again, obsess much?

Yep...total word game addict here. I just have to stop now. Good thing I HAD to leave the house twice today. Otherwise, I would have done it all day. Sending it ASAP so I don't forget to get dinner!

YIKES! Thanks for the fun! And to answer Sherry's question, YES! I do obsess much! ;)

Great fun Tiza. I'm not sure if I'm in time. Can never tell what day it is on your side of the world. Never mind: I enjoyed stretching my brain for a while and there were lots of options in the phrase - I got to 500 and decided to stop!

Well I know I won't win this one! I ran out of time so I rushed & only got a little over 100. Sent it just a minute ago! LOL There were TONS of words in there, but alas, I have more cookies to bake & more cleaning to do so I guess I will settle for having had fun! :)

Oh, my! Y'all got way more than I did - gotta say though that I did just have to make myself stop or I could have gone on finding words for a long time! And I didn't think about making my singular words into plural words! :hit-head-with-hammer: :hit-head-with-hammer:

Great fun Tiza. I'm not sure if I'm in time. Can never tell what day it is on your side of the world. Never mind: I enjoyed stretching my brain for a while and there were lots of options in the phrase - I got to 500 and decided to stop!

500! Wow! That's awesome, Eden!

WOW!!!

I'm impressed with all the word lists I received!!! And some of you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands, so please feel free to come over and clean my apartment ;)

The lucky winner had an IMPRESSIVE list containing.... 519 words!!! Congrats to Debbie (B&K Mom)!!!!

(Coming in close behind were Eden with 504 and Sherry_Lynn with 503)

Debbie, you won a $8.88 GC to the boutique!!

Archived