Tips And Tricks For Organizing Your Stash

April Showers

1:00 p.m. EDT - Tips and Tricks for Organizing Your Stash

Do you get lost searching through your folders for supplies while scrapbooking? Do you wonder what you'd do if your hard drive failed and you lost all your supplies and layouts? Join April (April Showers) in the Chat Room where we'll discuss different ways to organize and safeguard your files. If you are already an expert, come share your method. There is no right or wrong way. Let us help you find one that works for you.

10 am Pacific Time

11 am Mountain Time

Noon Central Time

1 pm Eastern Time

6 pm UK

Oh, I hope I'm home in time for this chat! I've just recovered from a hard drive failure and it was NOT fun! I need all of the tips and tricks for saving and organizing I can get!

I still have difficulties with the am and pm thing, always mix them up. Is there a trick you teach your children to remember?

I have put an extra clock in Windows named SG MT which shows Mountain time. Maybe I can make it to more chats that way!

Any way, 1 pm ET is 7 pm my time so I'll be sitting at the dinner table with Thea and her parents, so no chat today.

Thanks April for putting UK time on your post - who'd have thought that the simple maths required for me to calculate the difference should prove so difficult.

I know. I should be able to work it out, but I find it so much easier if someone just tells me.

I'd really like to join this, but 6 is children's dinner and preparing for bed. Maybe if I talk to husband nicely ... finger's crossed

I'll try and make it, but Saturday is usually market day for kitty food and litter. Then off to Walmart's for my sister's water that she loves. Might be off to the Botanical Garden after that for their 1500 pound pumpkin carving event. Then to the movies to see 'Argo' and then dinner. A very busy day for me.

I still have difficulties with the am and pm thing, always mix them up. Is there a trick you teach your children to remember?

I have put an extra clock in Windows named SG MT which shows Mountain time. Maybe I can make it to more chats that way!

Any way, 1 pm ET is 7 pm my time so I'll be sitting at the dinner table with Thea and her parents, so no chat today.

The extra clock for Scrap Girls time is a great idea. The "standard" time for Scrap Girls is now Eastern Time. All the times listed in the blurbs and on the forums are in Eastern Time. I occasionally copy and paste rules and directions from other years and forget to edit the time, to if MT shows up, that would be the reason.

I really enjoyed the chat earlier; thank you April. I mentioned a few things so thought I'd provide more information, in case you are interested

To help me keep my desktop organised I use Fences. It allows you to create defined areas of the desktop so you can keep your icons sorted. I have several areas such as current work, to transfer to another computer. I would like to keep my desktop clear, but I've found this the next best thing.

I don't put many pictures on Facebook, because I don't like their terms and conditions:

1.For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

I know it is unlikely they will want to use my pictures, but it still worries me.

It may not be of interest to many people, but I've got a self hosted site running coppermine. It has lots of advantages such as password protect albums or user login defined access, difficult to copy images, but I upload using ftp, so has extra steps. You can share pictures in Facebook for your friends, this is important to me as it is now the only place my friends will look at pictures, here is an example of one of my layouts with comments. If you are interested in something similar, I'm happy to answer questions (if I can), although I have to admit I'm thinking of moving to Flickr (or similar) as is maybe quicker :D

Wow, I'm seeing a lot of interest about organization!! And I've been afraid to ask fearing that I'm the only unorganized soul out here. Takes me so long to find stuff, but I don't want to break up "collections." Oh, what to do about that!!!

AND, minding a world clock was not so difficult when I worked at the Olympic Training Center, but now I have to reacquaint myself with it ... and EASTERN time ... :hit-head-with-hammer: Yikes!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived