Loading Actions In Pse 5

angleigh

Ro had the question today about how you load actions in PSE 5, it seems that they have changed it since the last version. I did a little hunting around and found this answer:

copy the file into C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\Special Effects\Photo Effects

Now I do not have PSE5 so I have not tested this, if anyone has and has anything to add here please do. I know we will be testing this and updating the instructions that are included with the Actions we sell here in the store ASAP.

If you have any questions please let us know

I hope I can answer this question. I'm rather new to digital scrapbooking and all. However, I do have PSE 5. I had a previous version. Not all actions will work in 5, depending on what they are. I have successfully moved some of my actions over. Some of the actions I had I don't need anymore though with the upgrade to 5 in that there's lots more options on doing some stuff.

Again, I hope this helps. I have found lots of good information at the Photoshop Elements User forum about the upgrade to 5 and actions, etc.

Jennifer

Archived