Pse 9: Removing Styles

Eden

Since I changed from PSP to PSE9, I've bought quite a few new styles. However they seem to slow down PSE9 opening and changing the selection of sytles and effects when the software is in use. Has anyone else had this experience? I've thought of uninstalling some of the styles that came with the product. I'd like to keep them just in case I want to use them in the future. Has anyone done this before?

Great question. Both of the versions I have used (9 and 10) have slowed down when I installed a lot of styles and actions. I would like to take some of the product styles out too. Don't know if you can or not, but somebody will know.

I believe in PSE you can go to Edit> Preset Manager>. Set the box at the top to Styles. Then you should see a little square showing each style. Click on the one you want to delete, then hit the delete button. Then Control A, hit the save button, then scroll to where the styles are saved "within PSE". I don't remember where that is right now, I'll have to google it. If you don't save it, then they'll pop back in next time you open it.

Way back.... I used PSE6 and had many many styles installed and I am sure it never slowed the software down. I did have them installed so I did not have to do "show all" when I went to use them.

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of just moving the files of the styles I don't think I'll use much. I'm guessing that I can reinstall them later if I want them. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how I go.

Archived