After Suggestions, Vintage Buildings

My Mum visited us this past weekend, and gave me a huge stack of old photos, they are amazing. My favourites are ones of my Step-Father whilst doing his job, he was an architect working for the old Greater London Council.

After looking through the boutique for the last couple of hours, I'm no closer to picking a kit/s that I like, there are so many good ones I can't decide. So I thought I would ask you guys for your favourites.

They are photos of building sites, scaffolding and completed buildings. Some with people, some without. There are about 100 photos, so I'm going to need a couple of kits.

HI Valerie - I'm so intrigued with your gorgeous layout this morning using warm Autumn colors with a BW photo, that it made me think of the Earthen Vessel Collection. I'm wondering if your photos might pop with its warm colors and the architectural-type lines of some of the backgrounds? I know it's mostly a self introspection-type kit, but I'm fascinated at picturing it with buildings, etc.

OH! And how cool to have possession of those pics and what a neat job to have and document - history! :)

Earthen Vessel

Then, of course there's a more traditional City Streets Collection Mini

Good luck and I'm anxiously awaiting your layouts! :)

I have no suggestions - sorry. But I'm looking forward to seeing how you treat these photos! What a neat piece of history. (Seems like some of them might lend themselves to just serving as backgrounds?)

Oooh - what fun you're going to be having scrapping these wonderful pics, Valerie! I was going to suggest Shabby Blanc and City Streets but I see they've already been suggested so I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Love the suggestions above. I never knew about the City Streets collection or Earthen Vessel. They and Shabby Blanc and Ballard are great suggestions! I did a couple searches and liked Craft Paper Miniby Jan Ransley because it has grungy ledger and work book papers and is very soft an neutral. I also liked Cilla Collection Miniby Brandy Murry because of the archicture paper and color/textures. Can't wait to see your layouts.

You've already got so many good suggestions I won't add any. Just want to congratulate you on getting this treasure! I'm planning a trip to my sister who has all my mother's old photoalbums. Then I'm gonna scan all of them and hopfuly in the end make some nice LO's

Industrial Strength may work for you:

ABL_IndustrialStrength_CollectionBiggie_MKTG_300%20.jpg

House and Home templates:

TCS_SSPaper_HouseHome_MTKG300.jpg

Anne Marie,

I know this is off the post subject but I had asked in another post and didn't get a response. I have learned out to attach a link with the name of a product to click on but I wondered if you might be able to help me so that I can also have the option to add the actual picture of the product like you do on this post? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Patty

Ooohh... for history type pages I am drawn to Shabby Blanc, but also wondered about Ballard? I will keep thinking but these spring to mind :-) Perhaps View?

These are great! I have one in mind...no buildings but I used it on some pictures from Europe...brb...

Ooohh... for history type pages I am drawn to Shabby Blanc, but also wondered about Ballard? I will keep thinking but these spring to mind :-) Perhaps View?

These are great! I have one in mind...no buildings but I used it on some pictures from Europe...brb...

I love this collection Ephemera Collection Biggie but it doesn't have buildings. I used it for an Eiffel Tower layout

I also like the vintage feel of So Basically Collection Mini

I love this collection Ephemera Collection Biggie but it doesn't have buildings. I used it for an Eiffel Tower layout

I also like the vintage feel of So Basically Collection Mini

I never thought of using the Ephemera Collection, thanks Conda for your suggestions.

Archived