Styles

laurielou56

Styles are something you can add to PSE or Photoshop. Each style does something different, but they change one layer in your layout. For example add glitter, change your photo, add a drop shadow. They are a lot of fun to play with.

You can add Layer Styles yourself in PSE or Photoshop . . . one small change at a time. Or you can buy preset styles in the Boutique which are a combination of different layer styles to achieve certain effects (textures, shadows, etc.) . . . all done at once for you! It took me a while to get on to them but I am finding they add a whole 'nuther dimension to the digital art!

Will they work with Gimp, does anyone know? I've been thinking about purchasing PSE but haven't done it yet.

Hi Laurie. Sorry, but they only work with Adobe products. (PS, PSE)

Laurie - I use GIMP, too and it is sad that the styles don't work there. However, the scripts do a lot of similar things, although I confess that I mostly use the bevel & drop shadow. Have you used inkscape? You can do cool things with shaped text and then plug it into your GIMP project.

I'm afraid I'm not that savvy at this yet. I have a lot to learn! I try working with the online Gimp tutorials but don't understand some of the terminology. I hav e ordered a book, I think it's called "Gimp for the Absolute Beginner" or something like that. Hopefully it will help me out!

Archived