New To Scrapping

AngelN

Hello all! I am excited to get started but I am also scared, I don't know much about photoshop so I will be touch n go and guessing alot... I would like any and all helpful info please ;) Also, I seen that many of you have your signature all pretty and you have links connected to your posts...I would love to do that too! I am from Michigan and a mother of 2 teens and currently attend a community college to get my degree in Medical office Administration. I used to own a small business online selling my moms homemade fudge, Rose Cottage Candy Shoppe was the name and was affiliated with Shabby Lane Shops. Would like to do another online shop again as soon as I get some things under my belt here!

Nice to meet you all!

Angel N.

Hi Angel, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! Carla gave you some excellent advice. That's the best way I know to learn digital scrapbooking.

Here are a few other things you may also be interested in:

15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

Scrap Girls A Narrative Collection (Free Collection)

And here is some great information about creating and uploading a signature: Signature Graphic NOTE: the first part under Making One explains how to create a signature and the second part under Adding it to MB explains how to upload it so it will show in your posts.

As Carla mentioned, don't hesitate hesitate to ask questions. We have lots of very friendly and very helpful people here. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around! :)

Welcome Angel! Thanks for the great introduction. We're very happy to have you join us here. You've gotten some good suggestions on getting started and please don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! The best advice I can give you to learn Photoshop is to purchase Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop - Downloadable version and to play, play play! Please ask questions, too!

Hello and welcome,

I second this recommendation. I still think of myself as new to Photoshop Elements and I'm gradually learning new techniques from reading the forum and newsletter. However, my husband bought me those videos and they are fantastic because they help you learn Photoshop, but from the perspectice of scrapbooking. I'm still working my way through them, but have already learnt new things.

The biggest thing I had to learn when I started use Photoshop was layers.

Hi, Angel! Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked. We truly are a friendly and helpful bunch.

Hi Angel :) Welcome to Scrap Girls! I'm learning Photoshop too (been a PSP user for eons) and finding that sometimes "guessing" brings some beautiful results. Up at the top of the Forum page there is a link to the SGUniversity there are some great tutorials posted there and might help you with getting to know the tools and what things do. Make sure you look in the right column, under University Tutorial Topics. Just play and have fun, Scrap Girls is a great place to learn.

Archived