Need Help Please

AngelN

I am following the instructions that came with some of the packs I bought and downloaded, but I can't install styles...mostly because I don't get it...and don't see a "copy to folder" option when I go to the .asl file.. Can someone tell me if this is different for the 11 edition and how to do it if you know?

Thanks so much!

Angel Nickell

Hi Angel, welcome! I don't have pse11 but I right click to copy and just paste manually... Once you have your style installed in the correct folder, when you reopen pse it should be there under effects... In the rhs panel... If it isn't you may need to rebuild your Media database which is simple enough, but don't worry about that till you have tried installing first :-) lots of people on here to help, all different time zones tho, so keep checking if you need more answers :-)

Hi Angel,

The instructions that you received with the styles you purchased were written for previous versions of PSE.

One of the things that is very different in PSE 11 from other versions is that you don't have to install styles, you only load them, which by the way, is much easier than installing them as in previous versions. There will be no need to delete MediaDatabase.db3 or ThumbDatabase.db3 files or rebuild the database. In addition to loading styles as opposed to installing, in PSE 11 you will also be able to load actions rather than installing them.

To load styles:

Open PSE 11 and and be sure you are in Expert Mode. Look at the top of the screen to the far right and under Create, you should see Effects, Graphics and Favorites Tabs. Click on the Effects tab and you'll see tabs for Filters, Styles and Effects. Click on the Styles tab. Look just above the Effects tab, to the right of Favorites and you'll see a tiny down arrow with some lines next to it. Click on the down arrow and it will bring up a menu where you will have the option to Load Styles. Click on that, then navigate to where you have your Scrap Girls Styles saved on your computer. Select the asl file of the style you want to load and click the Load button. The style will load into the the program. After that, just click the styles tab and your styles palette will open and you just click the style you want to apply. To apply the style, either double click on it, or right click and select apply to document. HTH :)

Hi Angel,

One of the things that is very different in PSE 11 from other versions is that you don't have to install styles, you only load them, which by the way, is much easier than installing them as in previous versions. There will be no need to delete MediaDatabase.db3 or ThumbDatabase.db3 files or rebuild the database. In addition to loading styles as opposed to installing, in PSE 11 you will also be able to load actions rather than installing them.

Oh my goodness that makes me start wondering if I should upgrade. I'm currently on PSE7 and very happy, I didn't think there would be a huge difference on upgrading, but maybe there is.

There are plenty of differences in PSE11. I've been using PSE10 and playing with the trial version of PSE11. The more I play with it, the more I like it. Download a trial version from Adobe. You then have 30 days to play with it to see if you like it, and I think you will.

I totally LOVED PSE 9 and didn't think I would ever want to upgrade - but PSE 11 makes it sooooo much easier to load the styles and actions - it's like my digital wishes have all come true lol. I think it's definitely worth the upgrade. You can always download the trial version to try it for 30 days :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my PSE11 in the mail yesterday along with a free CD on using PSE11. The one thing that I do love about PSE11 is that after you get all of your styles loaded, you don't have to go back and forth and reload all of the 'styles'. They are always right there along with the PSE11 styles (drop shadows, bevels, etc.). This saves me waiting for 'all' styles to load when I want to choose an SG style. With the amount of styles I have loaded, this always took about five or so minutes to load. And if I wanted to use a drop shadow I'd have to leave the 'all' styles and click on drop shadows. Then if I wanted to use an SG Style, I'd have to click on 'all' and wait another five minutes for them to load. Now I don't have to wait. They are all there, always. Wahoo! Just one of the perks with PSE11 and Styles.

Oh how cool. I didn't realize that and loaded all my styles and effects same as I had done in previous versions. So should I go back and "unload" them now? Is that going to make things move quicker if I don't have them all loaded?

Oh how cool. I didn't realize that and loaded all my styles and effects same as I had done in previous versions. So should I go back and "unload" them now? Is that going to make things move quicker if I don't have them all loaded?

I'm not sure about "unloading" I think I read someplace that you can delete them from the Styles list and then re-load later if you want to, but I'm not positive about that. I haven't tried it myself.

I'm thinking if you have "installed" any styles and they are working ok, maybe just leave them and then you can just "load" the newer ones that you haven't already installed. I've been loading them according to what I have posted in post #3 above. HTH

• 3 months later...

In PSE 11, ACTIONS, is it only the name that appears and not the little thumbnail anymore??

Hi Belle, for Actions in PSE 11 only the name shows in the Actions panel - no thumbnail. I think this is the only feature in PSE 11 that I dislike. HTH

Archived