Saturday Color Challenge 10/27/2012

SodScrap

Having been one of those touched personally I made this page on Monday for Pink Ribbon Day - it seems like you don't have it in the US but it is a focal day in October (which is Breast Cancer Awareness month for us too) where Australians wear pink, buy the merchandise etc, and raise money for BC Research... I have done pages about my journey before so maybe I will use my pink in some other way... The photo I have used was taken on the Monday morning with both my boys wearing pink ribbons to school :-) I am so proud of them!

I thought of you Jody when I chose this! I've seen your layouts about your journey, they are always amazing. The idea was actually my husband's!! I couldn't believe I didn't think of it sooner!! He has a sister that underwent treatment this summer. Waiting for the news this month of the results!

Note to self...schedule that mammogram!! Last year was my first one and my mom went with me and had hers too! She called me the other day to tell me the date she scheduled in December...so I think it's going to be a tradition!

Awww thanks Conda!!! Your first one tho? Wow... glad to see you making it a tradition now tho, you can never be too careful! Fingers crossed for your SIL, let me know?

Having been one of those touched personally I made this page on Monday for Pink Ribbon Day - it seems like you don't have it in the US but it is a focal day in October (which is Breast Cancer Awareness month for us too) where Australians wear pink, buy the merchandise etc, and raise money for BC Research... I have done pages about my journey before so maybe I will use my pink in some other way... The photo I have used was taken on the Monday morning with both my boys wearing pink ribbons to school :-) I am so proud of them!

I thought of you Jody when I chose this! I've seen your layouts about your journey, they are always amazing. The idea was actually my husband's!! I couldn't believe I didn't think of it sooner!! He has a sister that underwent treatment this summer. Waiting for the news this month of the results!

Note to self...schedule that mammogram!! Last year was my first one and my mom went with me and had hers too! She called me the other day to tell me the date she scheduled in December...so I think it's going to be a tradition!

Awww thanks Conda!!! Your first one tho? Wow... glad to see you making it a tradition now tho, you can never be too careful! Fingers crossed for your SIL, let me know?

Yes Jody...at age 43 my first one!! After losing a dear SIL last year to ovarian cancer...I got with it and scheduled a yearly exam (which I hadn't had for years, since a hysterectomy...shame on me, I know) and a mammogram.

Just heard this week that SIL got an all clear at her follow up. She goes back in 6 months. Thank you for asking!

Yes Jody...at age 43 my first one!! After losing a dear SIL last year to ovarian cancer...I got with it and scheduled a yearly exam (which I hadn't had for years...shame on me, I know) and a mammogram.

Just heard this week that SIL got an all clear at her follow up. She goes back in 6 months. Thank you for asking!

Maybe we can remind each other to have that Mammogram here - I am pretty good at scheduling my next one 6 months out from my last one - my Mom had breast cancer so I adamant about having mine. Thanks for the challenge and for the reminder this year. We have to take care of ourselves, don't we?

I know that what Jody and my friend Bobbie are constant reminders of breast cancer and they are so encouraging. And I am in awe of their attitudes after having gone through it = you gals rock!

Archived