How To Make A Photo Book

DixieLee

Okay, I am very frustrated trying to make a scrapbook online with snapfish (I have tried Shutterfly and 4 others) changed my browser to Chrome then to Mozilla Firefox and can't get the pages uploaded. Does anyone know what magical action must I do to get my LOs to be uploaded to any book company. I am making a 100 page lo for family Christmas presents.

I've used Shutterfly and Firefox. Depending on the speed of your connection, you may need to upload only a few layouts at a time. The good news is Shutterfly will save the layouts for you until you're ready to print them. Good luck!

i've found the trick on some sites is to get all your photos uploaded first (that would be your saved LOs saved as JPGs). then start the project you want to create and you can select from your uploaded images. i've always had issues when i start a project first, then have to do the uploading . . . even though i'm really anxious to see what i'm making. also - i think you have to make sure whatever site you're using accepts the size files you have. by that i mean, will it allow you to upload 8x8 or 12x12 to blank page - or do they force you to use their layouts and just add in your individual photos?

hang in there . . . it can be frustrating but it will be worth it!

Diane is right. I would upload all your jpegs first and I'm not sure why it's giving you trouble. Have you used the sites before - sometimes they experience temporary problems although I doubt that since you are having trouble at each of the sites. Is your internet connection fast enough? That could cause issues. I know I've uploaded both from internet explorer and mac/safari with no issues usually.

Can you tell us what types of troubles you are having? Maybe I can think of something that might help.

I can also tell you that snapfish for certain has WONDERFUL customer service in my experience. If I've written or chatted with them it's always been resolved.

Oh! and you are SO smart to be starting your project now - I always wait 'til it's too late!

The only places I've used (UK sites) have software you download, you create the book on your computer and then it uploads the finished file. It obviously takes a while to upload, but I like the control I have on my computer. Are there any sites like that in America?

Diane is right. I would upload all your jpegs first and I'm not sure why it's giving you trouble. Have you used the sites before - sometimes they experience temporary problems although I doubt that since you are having trouble at each of the sites. Is your internet connection fast enough? That could cause issues. I know I've uploaded both from internet explorer and mac/safari with no issues usually.

Can you tell us what types of troubles you are having? Maybe I can think of something that might help.

I can also tell you that snapfish for certain has WONDERFUL customer service in my experience. If I've written or chatted with them it's always been resolved.

Oh! and you are SO smart to be starting your project now - I always wait 'til it's too late!

That's how I do it too. - I upload all of my jpegs first and THEN work on the album. I agree with Marilyn though - when my internet connection was slower than it is now it took forever for me to go from one page to another and I got so frustrated.

I love MPix (affordable, fast and excellent quality) and I have used both Shutterfly and Snapfish to make calendars, mugs and other printed gifts. But, definitely upload all of your files first and then navigate to the product menu and choose the jpegs you want to use for your product.

Thanks so much for your advise--I cannot believe how many photo companies are out there where i can try and make a photo book. I am getting all my JPEGS in order and trying. I should get an A for effort! Some of the companies are difficult to use because they think I want photos uploaded to random arrangements.

I make sure my file names are named in such a way that the album sorts in order alphabetically. The site I've used (Winkflash - they're having a flat rate sale right now) will sort them that way if I choose. I can upload all the images for my album at once - it takes a while when it is a lot of pages. I then go through and make sure the pages are in order.

Thanks so much for your advise--I cannot believe how many photo companies are out there where i can try and make a photo book. I am getting all my JPEGS in order and trying. I should get an A for effort! Some of the companies are difficult to use because they think I want photos uploaded to random arrangements.

Ohhh.. Good luck, Dixie - keeping my fingers crossed for you. :D

Archived