November Forum Game

April Showers

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I got up early today to start my first day of Thanksgiving (we are also doing it all over again tomorrow). Just got a chance to get on the computer, so here is my pick for the day.

Boy! this was a hard one. There were so many things I liked; the templates, the colors, and the tools. I really had a hard time just choosing one thing, but I did narrow it down.

Durin:

Memories of Orange Collection Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/memories-of-orange-collection-biggie-p23528.php

Orange is not one of the colors that I usually gravitate to, but this collection caught my eye and when I took a closer look it kind of took my breath away. I should say that most of Durin's Memeries collection kind of took my breath away.

I've chosen Fascination Collection Biggie, because I love the bright colours and I've almost bought it on numerous occasions... however while looking at the embellishments they looked very familiar and I've just checked and I have bought it! I used it as part of my lucky dip layout because I really liked the butterfly embellishment.

DEB_Fascination_Coll_MKTG_150.jpg

I love Durin's Altered Art 3 Collection Biggie The jewel toned colors in these papers are just gorgeous! Choosing one of Durin's is really hard, but this one is on my wish list! I have a photo of my granddaughter and her dress is jewel-toned and I think these papers would make the perfect background!

DEB_AltArtEss3_Paper_MKTG_150.jpg

Cindy's TREASURED HEIRLOOM COLLECTION 8.5 x 11 is a favorite of mine......I bought it not too long ago and have really enjoyed using it. I love the word art and oh, the typewriter is a fabulous embellishment! I see lots of layouts using Treasured Heirlooms!

CRO_85X11TreasuredHeirlooms_MKTG_150.jpg

LOVE Jennifer's CORN MAZE COLLECTION! It has the cutest little scarecrow and I love the pumpkins and the big sunflower! I don't have it yet, but I will! :) :)

JZI_Collection_CornMaze_MKTG150.jpg

I really like the colours in Coin Collector Collection. It is unlikely I would buy it because it is based on US currency, but the contrast between the blues and golds/browns is really eyecatching and I could see the papers being used on their own.

I don't know how I've missed Shabby Shores Collection Mini when I must have bought many of the other beach / sea collections. We spend a lot of time at the coast so need to build up variety of my scrapping supplies so my layouts look different (it's a good excuse) and it has been added to my wishlist.

All of Cindy's designs look great in layouts, but I’m going with Paradise Cove Collection Mini just because of those fabulous tropical colors and embellishments.

For Jennifer, I'm picking Pretty Trims Embellishments - White. I don’t own anything by her yet, but this is going into my wish list. I like that the trims come in different shapes, and I think they will add the perfect touch to many layouts.

Here are my picks for this beautiful Friday.

Cindy:

Happy Hearts Collection Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/happy-hearts-collection-mini-p25049.php

I really like the colors in this kit. What can I say it kind of pulled at my herat (pun intended).

Jennifer:

Dragonfly In Amber Collection Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/dragonfly-in-amber-collection-mini-p26905.php

I know I keep say the colors are what I like, and with most kits its the colors that catch my eye first. I love the theme, the colorsand the little dragonfly.

I have Elisha's ROSIE POSIE COLLECTION and I love, love, love it! I bought it right away because one of my little granddaughter's name is Rosie and I call her Rosie Posie - so it's perfect, perfect, perfect for scrapping layouts of my Rosie!

EBA_Collection_RosiePosie_MKTG_150.jpg

......and I just love Ginny's THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS COLLECTION. Her painted embellies are absolutely gorgeous and I see lots of wonderful Thanksgiving layouts using it! It's on my Wish List!

GWH_Collection_ThanksgivingBlessings_MKTG150.jpg

I use Elisha's ATC templates every month, but I think my favorite of her collections is Elephants Fly Collection Biggie because the embellies are a little out of the ordinary; plus, I love the way the colors of the papers in this collection go with so many of my photos.

For Ginny Whitcomb I especially like Great Pumpkin Papers because of those beautiful deep colors and lovely designs.

Good morning all. Here are my picks for today.

Elisha:

Coffee House Collection Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/coffee-house-collection-biggie-p23006.php

Ok love this kit after all you can't go wrong with coffe. Love the colors brwon, blue, and green.

Ginny:

The Great Pumpkin Word Art and Alpha

http://store.scrapgirls.com/the-great-pumpkin-word-art-and-alpha-p26975.php

Love this alpha its so creepy cute.

I love Elisha's

Silent Night Collection BiggieEBA_CollectionBiggie_SilentNight_MKTG_150.jpg

I love this collection. I have put it in my cart over and over again. I've been having a hard time justifying buying another Christmas collection. But I just love this one so much.

Ginny's The Great Pumpkin Collection

GWH_Collection_GreatPumpkin_MKTG150.jpg is just too darling!! with the cartoon looking embellishments.

My pick for Elisha is Value Pack: Nevermore. It speaks to the darker and poetic sides of layouts. All those serious papers and the wonderful ravens are terrific.

For Ginny I chose The Great Pumpkin Collection. I love the spiderweb alpha and there are some really cute emblellishments.

My pick for Elisha is Value Pack: Nevermore. I like the ravens and the tree and there's something eerie about the whole collection that goes well with the Poe inspiration.

For Ginny my pick is The Great Pumpkin Collection. I like the traditional orange and black and the kid-friendly embellishments. I also like some of the spookier collections that we have in the boutique, but my grandkids aren't ready for that yet.

Archived