November Forum Game

April Showers

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Cheri Thieleke I'm choosing ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Line Em Up. I'm finding I don't have very many photos that are good enough to deserve a page to themselves but when you put several ok-ish photos together on a page they have an impact they can't make individually. And using a template gets me to the fun stuff much quicker.

Looking through Thao Cosgrove's products I discovered Impressionistica Collection. It's unusual, and I love the look. The colors are nice and soft, and the backgrounds are beautiful, yet not overwhelmingly grabbing attention to themselves.

I sure am having fun with this game. I have seen items that I did not know were there and I look through the Boutique a lot. So, here are my picks for today.

Cheri Thieleke:

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Around N Around

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-digital-layout-album-templates-12x12-around-n-around-p26813.php

Like I posted before, I love templates. They allow to focus and still leave you the freedom to be creative. I love this set with all the pictures that can be used and the movement in the pages.

Thao Cosgrove:

Merry Mine Collection Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/merry-mine-collection-biggie-p6624.php

Love the color combination in this set. I am such a big fan of blues, greens and purples.

For Cheri my pick is Scrap Simple Card Templates: 5 x 7 card shark 2012. I can see how these would make very cute photo Christmas cards.

I have a lot of Thao's stuff and I love it all. As I was looking for a pick in her section I came across this brush, Brush Set: Circles Couture Biggie. I have used this a lot and I like the way it looks in the background.

I usually just scrap one photo so I need a little help when there are more photos. Cheri to the rescue!

Her ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Around N Around both holds a lot of photos and is two pagers

CTH__SSAlbum_12x12_AroundNAround_MKTG_150.jpg

My first buy at Scrap Girls was Thao's Doggy Tales Collection Biggie so it holds a special place! I've used it over and over again

TCS_DoggyTales_CollectionBiggie_MTKG150.jpg

I especially like Cheri's ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Tilt a Whirl Mini. I find the associated LO's very inspiring. Cheri has such a great design sense!

One of the first purchases I made from Scrap Girls was Thao's beautiful Super Pack: Naturescape, which includes beautiful papers and wonderful stamps, in addition to lovely leaves and a really great brush.

I've recently done my first double page layout. I was really nervous about as I wasn't sure how to go about it. I spent ages in the layout section of the boutique and adding templates to my basket and then to my wishlist and basically doing anything but the layout. In the end I didn't use a template because of the number of pictures I had, but I think I now have all of the 2 pages on my wishlist for future purchase, including Cheri's Around N Around.CTH__SSAlbum_12x12_AroundNAround_MKTG_150.jpg

For Thao I've chosen Loving Baby Boy collection. I bought this for my son's baby book (which hasn't progressed too far yet), but I've found myself wanting to use it for several layouts this year already. It is very versatile as the papers are not very 'babyish'.

TCS_LovBabyBoy_CollBiggie_MKTG150.jpg

WOW I had such a super busy day yesterday and when I got up this morning remembered I hadn't come to play my favorite forum game!

For Cheri I chose ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Tilt a Whirl Mini - I especially love the 2 templates with the circles.

Thao was a very easy one for me, it's yet another Value Pack --- Super Pack: Naturescape - every time I create an outdoor layout it seems I use something from this beautiful collection - I especially like the individual leaves and the tree brushes!

For Cherise I pick Trunk or Treat Collection.

I wish I had seen it BEFORE Halloween -- the colors are wonderful. Well.. I'm going to add them to my Wish List just because I think those lovely neutrals will work anytime!

I do have this one by Shalae: Structures Papers. I love their textures and the slightly grungy look they add to urban and "guy" layouts. They are some of the favorite papers I own!

For Cherise I chose Inspiring Collection Biggie. I love the patterns in the papers, but I especially love the embellishments - all those chains and washers, and flowers!

For Shalae I picked ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Artsy Watercolor 3. It serves my addiction to templates well. I am excited by all the possibilities and combinations that can be created with these.

I love Cherise's brushes, and this one is a particular favorite. Brush Set: Grandparents 1. I've used it, and also Grandparents 2, in several layouts and it's just right!

I learned so much from using Shalae's Mastering Brushes for Photoshop and taking the Brushes Class when it was offered. I think it's time for a review, too! Tons of great info in here. I used the Photoshop version, but a Photoshop Elements book is also available.

Cherise's Inspiring for sure! Inspiring Collection Biggie A beautiful set of light colors, cool looking word art that looks like those wood veneers that are popular right now!

Comfort of Home Biggie Shalae did a wonderful job on this set and YES, I am salivating over it and its on my WISH list! The colors are vibrant, and the *textures* of the embellishments are so cool!

For Cherise I chose --- ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 4x6 Stitches and Tags 2 I love using these templates for the bases of recipe cards, especially the ones with stitches!

For Shalae I chose --- ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Artistic Edges I love using these edges to blend into my background papers to add that extra touch of dimension to a layout!

For Cherise Oleson it's easy -- Geocache Collection Mini. I think half my photos are taken on geocaching adventures. Seems to be the only time I have my camera in my hand and time to snap. I'm particularly enamored with the topo map backgrounds.

And I love the warm colors and the textures of Shalae Tippetts' Hearth Collection Biggie.

My picks for the day.

Cherise Oleson:

Slumber Party Collection Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/slumber-party-collection-mini-p19483.php

Love the colors and papers in this kit. I can see using it for many different layouts.

Shalae Tippetts:

Zoo Collection Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/zoo-collection-mini-p10185.php

I bought this kit back in May to scrap my San Diego Animal Park pictures. I love the amnimal print papers an embellishments.

For Cherise I pick ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Picture a Day. I use these all the time. If I want to add a lot of pictures from a party or zoo trip, these are perfect. I usually use them in addition to another layout that only features one or two photos. Sometimes I turn them or adapt them to my needs.

For Shalae I pick Structures Paper. I love the texture and edginess of these papers. I think I will use them even more as my 5 year old grandson grows up.

We found another house we want to buy on Friday and had an offer accepted this week (the sellers pulled out of the previous two houses we wanted) so I'm excited to find Moving Day Collection Mini in Cherise's products. Fingers crossed we complete this time and then I think I'll be buying this kit.

COL_MovingDay_CollectionMini_MKTG_150.jpg

For Shalae I'm also going for Comfort of Home Collection Biggie. I got it as part of the Club, but only got as far as unzipping. I'm looking forward to using it though and think it will work well for Project 52 that I'm planning on doing next year.

STI_ComfortHome_CollBig_MKTG_150.jpg

I have had more fun using Cherise's BROWNIE COLLECTION - it's great to use with recipe cards and I've even used pieces from it for other layouts......I remember all the fun we had with it when it first came out and I've loved it ever since!

COL_Brownie_CollMini_MKTG_150.jpg

And COMFORT OF HOME COLLECTION is definitely one of my favs of Shalae's! I love the colors, all of the great embellies, and the word art is just beautiful!

STI_ComfortHome_CollBig_MKTG_150.jpg

I love Durin's Value Pack: Mixed Media --- the embellishments in this collection are fantastic, I especially like the colored pencils!

:):) I find more things I have to have reading this thread - I have the transparencies that come with this - now I must have the Value Pack that you just posted, Sherry Lynn! :disappearing-smilie:

Archived